“Evening Meal at Delicious”
Review of Delicious - CLOSED

Delicious
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went with friends as relatives visiting Auckand for the weekend. Was told that it was a great restaurant. Arrived and put upstairs away from the rest of the hub or the restaurant ~ all good I guess as we had lots of catching up to do and stories to share, but it meant that perhaps we were forgotten about. Didn't get to order for 45 minutes, then waited another 45 minutes for our food and when we spoke to the waitress we asked how long it would be we were told it was coming. Ordered drinks and two glasses of wine were forgotten about........ suggested they give us some breads to make up for the wait and as we were all starving......then the meals arrived and one was mixed up and had to be returned.... Shame as the food was really nice and the presentation was good. They did offer us a drink after our meal and after we had ordered other drinks while we ate but it was a bit late as we were pretty full and we couldn't have another drink as driving, but it was kind of them to make the offer. I won't hurry back because of the service, but the food was delicious. As we paid the bill they did apologise and said that they had been busy and a member of staff down, so perhaps it was just a busy chaotic evening.

1  Thank Fiona S

Reviewed 25 July 2013

It was my wife's birthday and I was looking for some place unique during our trip to Auckland. We had both liked a particular item from a Toronto restaurant and I was able to find something very similar--gnocchi gorgonzola. Delicious made a great version of it. Our party of four went away fulfilled.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

My daughter & I went to delicious a couple of weeks ago. It was my first experience at this restaurant & I was really impressed with the food. All three courses were definitely "Delicious" in fact this is the best meal out I have had for a very long time. My daughter has been there a few times & she did notice it had changed ownership but commented that the food was as good as she remembered it being. Fortunately we dined early so the service was very good up until desert time when it had got very busy & we had quite a wait for our final course. I do have to agree with other reviewers that there did appear to be a lack of wait staff compared to the number of people arriving a tables quickly filling up. However having said that I have no complaints & will definitely return to experience more of their gorgeous food.I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Arrived without booking as we have come to expect that this venue does not take such. The question of whether we had made a reservation indicated a change of ownership?
The lone waiter left to deal with the entire restaurant seemed to struggle. When we finally able to converse with staff we found that several items from the already abbreviated menu were unavailable. Perhaps the new owner/chef is not as passionate about bread/pasta/desserts as the previous. We left feeling somewhat short-changed as our meals just did not meet expectations.

1  Thank ACarly
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We visited Delicious on a busy Friday night for the first time after a five year absence from Auckland. My wife had the Gorgonzola gnocchi which she pronounced to be superb, while I had the Lamb Papardelle - a favourite of mine - perfectly cooked and better than I remembered it. I note the comments by others regarding less than perfect service - we certainly had excellent service on the night, with a relatively short wait for the mains. My dessert, called the Diplomatico, described as "A deep chocolate mousse cake layered with sponge" was equally delicious and a perfect way to round off the evening.

Definitely no complaints from us and we will certainly be back!