“Deletable dim sum and cantonese fares”

Dragon Boat Restaurant
Ranked #776 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Dim sum quality and taste at par with good Hongkong restaurants. Best place to sample good dim sum outside Hongkong. Good service. Great ambient. Enjoyed my few times there. Had never let my taste buds down.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had two lunches there as it was so good. It's beneath the Crowne Plaza Auckland Hotel, so nice and handy of you're staying there.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was pretty hungry and being a rainy day in Auckland City was not keen on walking the length of Queen St looking for a decent place to eat. I stopped in with my partner and the first thing I noticed was the Trip Advisor Recommendation sticker. I thought surely this place would be ok, even though it looked like the kind of place I would normally avoid. We ordered deep fried calamari, pork dumplings and BBQ Pork buns. The pork buns were soggy, the dumplings undercooked, and the calamari tasted as if it had been sitting in a warm oven all day. If I were Trip Advisor I would make them take down the sticker. Definitely not coming back here again!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We dropped in here for a pre-theatre bite to eat as everywhere else was too busy and we were in a hurry. This place was practically empty. I'm a fan of Chinese food generally but this was not even like Chinese food. My chilli chicken was edible at least but my partner's satay beef was just a tasteless gloopy stodge.

We could have much nicer food at a food court for half the price.

I guess we found out why the restaurant was empty.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We had eaten here a few years ago and particularly remembered a prawn meal we had. We were not disappointed the visit-had honey prawns and salt and pepper squid. Both meals were delicious. The salt and papper squid not only had spice in the crumb around the squid but also was garnished with chili and salt and pepper flavouring-a spicy and delicious dish! The honey prawns were also very tasty and we were not left with the cloying flavour some honey dishes have. We shared a small bowl of plain rice and ordered some stitfry veges in garlic sauce which were divine and perfectly cooked. It was great to be able to take our own nice bottle of wine although the restaurant is also licensed.