“Great Staffs and Fish&Chips!”
Review of Fish Pot Cafe

Fish Pot Cafe
Ranked #848 of 2,349 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Fishpot is located Mission Bay to which we can go by bus in 20minutes from down town. I had already heard about this restaurant from my friend and I looked forward to tho, actually, it was far better than my thought. First of all, the atmosphere of this restaurant is so good. There are some seats in front of there, so we can eat with seeing beach. About food, too it satisfied me. I ate fish&chips tho, it was so wonderful! I’ve never eaten fish&chips like this. Its surface is crispy, yet inside is so soft. It was first time for me to eat fish&chips with like this texture. And staffs are pretty good, too. Actually, my English is not good tho, they treated me so kind and friendly, so I didn’t need to be worried about my English skill. Though I think a bit expensive, it’s worth going to.

2  Thank hide07
There are newer reviews for Fish Pot Cafe

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have eaten here on special occasions and also whenever our grand kids come. We also take out in the traditional paper wrap and eat on a rug by the sea. Fish, chips and potato fritters with a delicious traditional taste. This is a summer must.

1  Thank John T
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch here - one had grilled mussels and snapper fish and chips; the other had Poisson Cru - aka ceviche - turaki with lemon juice cocoanut milk marinade with chili pepper slices - and fresh grilled snapper with salad. Nicely prepared, succulent snapper both ways! The starters were the same quality. Atmosphere is beach view cafe - what more do you need?

2  Thank West_Tx_54
Reviewed 10 August 2013

As a treat for Mr 6 on his birthday we ventured over to Mission Bay for fish and chips at the Fish Pot Café (we have been there years ago and found it great). It was quite overpriced at $36 for 3 fish, a sausage, chips and a hamburger. But the burger was delicious and so were the chips. The only downside was the crumbed snapper was overcooked.

1  Thank KiwiRowell
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants. Best enjoyed by dining in. (The one time we got takeaways we did not think much.)
Their Poisson cru is delicious and the garlic mussels are always very fresh.
They provide games and drawing for children and the kid's menu is a decent serving.
Great eat-in fish&chips.