“Authentic Thai”

Mai Thai
Ranked #125 of 2,260 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Most authentic Thai cuisine in Auckland central city area. We use fresh herbs and spices. Warm atmosphere, delicious food, friendly staffs, reasonable price range. Good range of New Zealand wine.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Authentic Thai”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Authentic Thai food prepared by a Thai cook. Excellent service. Friendly, just as in Thailand!
Also good location, right in the city centre.

• Visited May 2014

Sydney
“Enjoyable and accommodating ”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I love Thai food but like all the Asian food it's hard to find a nice one... And I think that we found it in this restaurant...
We had a great service , they even swapped for a us a course that my girlfriend didn't like and they have give to us the possibility to order something else!! Of course we left a nice tips for that!! Price are honest,the restaurant and the service is warming!! A MUST GO EXPERIENCE !!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good food, service, location”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Convenient to the central business district and well worth the walk through an unimpressive entrance and up one flight of stairs. Good variety of tasty items on the menu. Each of the four of us was pleased with our dishes and the service. Watched staff meticulously clean tables -- always a good sign .

• Visited February 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service and restaurant experience in my life”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I am not normally the type to complain but our dinner experience last night was just plain awful. Not only didI book for 7.30 but had to wait half an hour to get a table, the waiters were rude and impersonable. We then waited a further half hour to be served. We received two meals and had to wait a further half hour for the four remaining meals to be served. By this stage it was 9pm and I had already lost my appetite, while I ate less than half of my chicken green thai curry I have spent most of today being sick so I would hate to think of what state I would be in if I ate more.

While we appreciated the free bottle of wine, I didn't feel like your response "im sorry we arent usually like this" was good enough. I would never return and would definitely not recommend anyone else to either.

Worst restaurant experience ever.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Brianna B
“Good Find”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After not being able to get in to our first choice we ended up at Mai Thai. We opted for the set menu for 2 people as my husband was hungry! The service was a bit slow as there were a number of big tables that seemed to get priority. However at $40 per person for great thai food in central Auckland we can't complain! I especially enjoyed the soup but all the food was good and an a large amount, we couldn't finish everything! We will be back!

• Visited February 2014