“Best Secret in Devonport”
Review of Mecca - CLOSED

Mecca
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

There are many cafes to chose from in Devonport, Auckland but Mecca was our choice for me and my boyfriend. It was chosen just because it was close to the ferry but we were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was calm and relaxing, the staff were attentive and polite and the food was amazing. I indulged in the french toast which was rich and decadent and the side fruit made it light and fresh. The portion size was perfect enough for me and to share some with my boyfriend who also really enjoyed it. He got the classic breakfast which we devoured with great pleasure. The view of Devonport is also really nice. Great restaurant!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife, infant son and I stumbled upon Mecca just in time for lunch. The meals were healthy and tasty and the lunch specials were excellent value. The service was very accommodating and the atmosphere very pleasant. Happy to recommend to others.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

called here and had breakfast on 2 days as we couldnt get enough the first time! Had lots of choice from pancakes to eggs benedict to full breakfasts , really scrumptious! Only 1 negative , we had breakfast there on the Queens birthday and got charged an added cost due to a bank hols - this wasnt advertised anywhere which I think it should of, so was a bit annoyed when paid the bill!?

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Disappointed with meal, burnt on the bottom, didn't look or taste fresh, probably microwaved. Service was good but I probably would not eat at Mecca again

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Menu is promising, though delivery falls short. Crispy salt and pepper squid sounds good but comes out and for $15 I expected more than the 3 soggy pieces of calamari no salt and no pepper anywhere near the batter.... Let's see how main goes, the pasta.

Ahh well, they tried. Not the worst but not the best either. Keeps them at a just on average. Can't say that at over $20 with some chicken roll, or a really lightly smoked chicken, a few olives and some feta, that it's worth it.

Good in an emergency , just not stunning.

Surprisingly , the wine was good value for a decent glass .