“Average food at average prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mexican Cafe

Mexican Cafe
Ranked #78 of 2,235 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Singapore, Singapore
“Average food at average prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Think the food was average and they had decent service. Good location and proximity to Skycity. Would save my caloric intake for other places along the same stretch of road though. Come here if you're looking for decent tequila.

Visited November 2013

New Zealand
“crowded and overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I found the cafe to be exceptionally crowded, the portion sizes were minimalist (a taco was three bites worth), the taste was Ok. I did like the spiced chicken but it just arrived in a small bowl with some flavoured mayonaise at around $14 I expected at least there be something else with it there was aproximately half a breast of chicken ina flavoured batter in the portion so very mean on size for price
Everything is served up in a chipped enamel bowl or a wooden platter on greaseproof paper.
Service was slow coming out of the kitchen and as the dishes on offer were pretty basic I wondered what was happening in there- looked like they had plenty of staff in there.
The visit cost us as much as going to a regular restaurant and buying a decent steak meal which we will do in future- this cafe didn't entice us to go back and if you are there at lunch time you will have to wait.
Dissapointing mainly on the waiting time and size of servings. I accept that the grungy decor and tatty chairs (I snagged my truosers on the chair) is for atmosphere but chipped enamel dishes are not my style neither is eating off greasproof paper unless I am at the beach.

• Visited October 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Terrific food, really very pleasant staff who are extremely helpful. Had meals here a number of times and planning on returning.

Visited October 2013
akld
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Love this place yummy food every time..it's nice sitting outside as it can get quite warm inside. The stairs going up to the restaurant are quite narrow but nothing they can do about that I guess. I've had the beef enchiladas and chimichangas which are both delicious. Also had the berry cheesecake which I could have shared with a friend after our mains because I was so full!!

Visited July 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great atmosphere, nice meal, tasty food just needs some spice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Awesome margaritas - great value at Happy Hour (5:00 - 7:00). Cool vibe, great serviuce and nice food. We were a group of 6 and all got our food ayt the same time and it was all good :)

My only criticism would be that the food was quite mild. That said I asked fro some hot salsa and that made it perfect.

Great upstairs location just across from the Sky Tower.

• Visited September 2013