“Okay - Drum show on Friday nights.”
Review of Renkon

Renkon
Ranked #494 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was an average Japanese restaurant. My experience does not seem to match the other reviews. The food was average but delivered very quickly. They have a weekly drum performance on Friday nights at 7:30pm. This drum show is worth seeing.

The staff was very authentic as there were immigrants from Japan.

There are many Japanese restaurants in the area. This restaurant was ok but if I was in the area again I would try another.

2  Thank Mary K
There are newer reviews for Renkon

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Ten-eleven dollars for a lot of food.
The staff was great and kind.
Loved the ginger beef.

Go chi sau sama :)

1  Thank SwKiwi
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went to Renkon many times and always enjoy their food.
Their price is very reasonable but food taste good and decent portion.

They may not look as fancy as some other japanese restaurants but it doesn't mean their food isn't as good.

Wish their food menu offers more variations so i can visit them even more regularly :)

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Was taken here by my sister who recommended this place for Lunch...I had the Chicken Katsu, which was the best Katsu I've ever had. Chicken was tasty and crispy, freshly garnished julienned, was so pretty I didn't want to eat it....but I enjoyed it so much, that I cleaned the whole bowl.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I love Renkon, go there every time i am in Auckland.. prefer the one at the top of Pitt St.. but couldn't find it here. The Agedashi Tofu is cut smaller and so more soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside than the Durham st one. Also at pitt st you can get Karage Chicken as a side dish without the rice, we like that as it means we can try more things without filling up on rice! Delicious miso and edamame beans also. It is super cheap and always very quick... really nice staff. Yum!