“Not as good as we'd hoped for the steep price!”
Review of Ruan Thai

Ruan Thai
Ranked #888 of 2,417 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice Thai food but not amazing. Very expensive... boyfriend and I had to share a meal and a side as we couldn't afford two mains. The rice (by the time we got it home) was VERY stodgy and seemed to have been overcooked. The pad thai was very average and didn't really taste like much. Overall we were a little disappointed. It wasn't terrible but not worth the money we paid.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I loved this restaurant. I went to Ruan Thai restaurant on a Tuesday night, me and my friend are both food lovers, we both order fish cake as entree, then we both share chicken green curry and hot fried fish with tamarind sauce. Yummmmmmy, we both enjoyed our foods and got extra doggy bag for lunch the following day. The rice was unlimited too. Will definitely recommend this place to friends.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I live in Mission Bay and it's the best Thai Restaurant. You have to try their Pork Ribs and chicken stir in oyster sauce and mixed veges. :)

Reviewed 15 May 2013

So I moved to Mission Bay in 2011 and started going to Ruan Thai for take out and have continued to love everything on the menu. It is not cheap but it is very good value for money and they are really cool to deal with. You can sit in the bar next door watch a game and they will come in and get you while you have a drink. Haven't dined in but friends have and say it is good.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Ruan Thai, friday night lucky enough to get a place
very crowded.it was expensive
Didnt have coconut rice :( which was my fav in thai restros.
The value for the quantity is too much..
the quantity isnt too much.
was quite dry with the rice.
It was okay for the first time.