“Authentic French and Tasty!”
Review of St Tropez Restaurant - CLOSED

St Tropez Restaurant
Cuisines: European, French
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Authentic French and Tasty!”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Tucked away in Parnell Rise, this restaurant was chosen by some friends who were determined to try snails (escargot). Nice atmosphere that felt French without being tacky or alien. Weather hasn't been great in Auckland so the outdoor seating was unavailable and the doors were closed (which meant the restaurant was a little too warm).

The staff were excellent and very accommodating. One of our friends (part-time vegetarian) only wanted fish, so our waitress managed to secure him the last piece of fish in the restaurant (making a special arrangement with the kitchen). The staff had a good sense of humour, including one French Waitress who apologised for her strong accent (although none of us had any issues).

To start I had a green peppercorn and Cognac pate which was nice, although I was more impressed with some of the other starters that had been ordered.

For my main I had a confit duck leg (which I enjoyed so much I finished it before I remembered to take a photo). The coating on the skin was like nothing I'd had before - so tasty.

I finished with a French crepe with banana and icecream (see photo). Very thin and not too sweet, perfect way to finish the meal.

• Visited January 2012

Bahrain
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We walked in to St Tropez restaurant without booking and although it was busy for a week day, we managed to get a table for 5 of us. Although they don't have a children's menu we were offered a selection of many dishes to choose from for our 11 year old son. In the end he decided on fish and chips. We all started with garlic and herb bread plus baguette and dipping sauces (balsamic was yummy!). My husband couldn't resist the snails cooked in garlic which went down a treat! He followed his starter with an eye fillet cooked to perfection and I had the chicken thighs in provencal herbs for my main course which were really exceptional although it was quite rich. Don't forget to leave room for their fabulous selection of desserts and remember this restaurant is also a BYO!! ...We'll certainly be back for more!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good food & great, friendly service. Loved the grilled fish, nicely cooked”
Reviewed 26 December 2009

good food & great, friendly service. Loved the grilled fish, nicely cooked

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food & price ok. We tried the snail, kinda like paua lol.”
Reviewed 4 May 2008

Food & price ok. We tried the snail, kinda like paua lol.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“French restaurant, offering a good selection of French dishes at OK prices. Good wine list too.”
Reviewed 20 April 2008