“A relaxing place to dine”
Review of Tapestry Dining

Tapestry Dining
Ranked #360 of 2,256 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, International
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the Lobby level of Pullman Auckland hotel, Tapestry at Pullman is an upscale restaurant that highlights the tastes of the world through its innovative culinary creations and impressive international wine list. The menu offers abundant flavours and delectable delicacies from New Zealand, Asian and European cuisines, all created live in the viewing kitchen.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A relaxing place to dine”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Finally, after many months, a dear friend and I managed to catch up over dinner. He chose The Cafe at Pullman Auckland Hotel. The restaurant has been refurbished and looks great. Lighting is well balanced and creates a pleasant atmosphere. Rose, a charming waitress, looked after us superbly. I love Caesar salad but Rose introduced me to Salmon Caesar Salad, my compliments to the Chef ! Fantastic ! The first course was followed by Fish of the Day, I had grilled Midadory filets with mashed potatoes instead of cous cous. Again my compliments to the Chef ! Perfectly cooked and a lovely Sauvignon Blanc. For dessert, I had many mouth watering options but decided to be less sophisticated... ice cream. Simple and classic ice cream. Very nice indeed. The restaurant Manager, Mike, welcomed us and conversed with us in several occasions. It was truly a relaxing dinner, excellent service and food. Another great place to eat that I recommend most strongly. Bon appetit !

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alexander D
PullmanAucklandHotel, Restaurant Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Alexander D,

Thank you so much for your review of our restaurant. I am glad we could provide an enjoyable setting for a long overdue reunion.

I am very proud of my team and their high standard of service and it is great that you experienced this during your time with us.

It was lovely to meet you and I look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant again soon.

Kind regards,

Michael Biggs
Restaurant Manager

Hamilton NZ
“Dinner”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Quite extensive menu, I had the Angus and it was reasonably well cooked. Not my favorite cut but as I wanted a steak it was all that was available. Chips were cold. Meal was attractively presented but think a little over priced to be honest. Service was excellent however. Overall the rest of our party enjoyed their meals and as we were staying at the Hotel eating in-house was a good option given the awful weather!

• Visited April 2013
PullmanAucklandHotel, Executive Chef at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear lipm1,

Thank you for your feedback on your dining experience. Eating in-house on a rainy day is always a good option and I am glad that the team delivered an enjoyable dining experience for you and your party.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your chips were cold on arrival, I have personally addressed this with the team to ensure it will not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming both yourself and your party back to our restaurant in the future.

Kind regards,

New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Couldn't be faulted”
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Ate here as we were staying in the hotel, and it is quite a hike to the city. An inspired choice. Very efficient staff - friendly but not overpowering. Salt & Pepper squid to start. Great flavours. A medium rare steak, perfectly cooked, and a risotto main. Both a tribute to the chef and his staff. Thanks for that.

Visited April 2013
Dear PedroNP,

Thank you for your glowing review of our restaurant. I am truly humbled by your positive comments on our food and my amazing team.

Thank you so much.

We hope to welcome you back to our restaurant again soon.

San Francisco
“Excellent food - Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

After settling into our apartment after a long flight, the issue of where to eat on our first night had to be decided. We decided on The Café at the Pullman after reading the reviews and discovering it was only two block from where we are staying. And we couldn't have made a better choice! The food and service were excellent. We were a little reluctant after seeing the place as we were pretty casually dressed. The staff could not have been more welcoming. We started with a Ceasar salad and Mesclun leaves, cherry tomatoes, avocado salad. Both were perfectly prepared.. with just the right amount of dressing. My hubby opted for a pizza, while I had the duck breast. The pizza was excellent.. nice thin crust and fresh toppings. My duck breast arrived expertly cooked-medium rare, along with a side order of asparagus.

For dessert we split the tiramisu. Something that I'm hesitant to order nowadays due to the many bad versions out there. The Cafe's version reminded me of just how good the dessert is when properly prepared.

All in all it was a wonderful beginning to our vacation. If we had more time, we would have dined there again.

• Visited March 2013
Dear BradSF,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad that we were able to impress you with our food offering, especially after such a long flight.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide this review and for recommending our restaurant to other travelers.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Auckland and our restaurant again in the future.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“The best mal we have ever had outside of the uk!!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Before we joined our New Zealand/Australia cruise we had an overnight at this hotel, and we decided to eat at the restaurant that night.
The service was excellent and my husband ordered the chicken livers cooked in brandy in a pastry case. I ordered the salmon which was very good but I really wished that I had ordered the chicken livers!!
We both had the speciality waigenu (not sure of the spelling) fillet. It was one of the best fillets we have ever had and the accompaniments were also wonderful. Altogether with a lovely bottle of New Zealand wine a meal to savour and remember!
We both thanked chef for a beautiful meal, and were most surprised to see chef supervising and cooking at breakfast early the next morning.

• Visited January 2013
Dear marion720,

Thank you for your feedback on our restaurant. I am so glad that the service and food you experienced whilst dining with us was excellent. The Wagyu Beef is one of our more popular items on our menu, so it is great that you made this your choice.

I hope you are able to organise another overseas trip so you can come and visit us again in the future and taste our new menu.