“Easy place for lunch ”

Ranked #346 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: European, International, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on the Lobby level of Pullman Auckland hotel, Tapestry at Pullman is an upscale restaurant that highlights the tastes of the world through its innovative culinary creations and impressive international wine list. The menu offers abundant flavours and delectable delicacies from New Zealand, Asian and European cuisines, all created live in the viewing kitchen.
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Service is excellent but food came a bit slowly from their Power Lunch menu I thought. I had the grilled salmon which was a bit cold but otherwise good. Chairs are surprisingly uncomfortable too.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear "smackinlay",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on The Cafe Restaurant. While I am delighted that you experienced our true Pullman hospitality, please accept my sincere apologies that there was a delay in the food and the grilled salmon was slightly cold. I very much hope that we delivered our promise however of ensuring that the Power Lunch experience was enjoyed within 45 minutes.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if you wish to discuss your experience further or if I can be of assistance with a future booking.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We really enjoyed the place for have a dinner or a drink. Really confortable for the hotel guests. The ambient is cool and you can relax having a nice food. The staff was polite and fast.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear "Cristiano S",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our Cafe Restaurant. I am delighted that you enjoyed the ambience, cuisine and service. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were tired and just wanted to grab a quick dinner before turning in, so we decided to eat at The Cafe in the hotel lobby. We were really surprised to find that the food was excellent, as was the service. We ordered Lamb two ways, which came out looking beautiful and tasted terrific!!!!

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear "Martikafo",

Thank you for your amazing review of The Cafe! The team and I are humbled with your kind comments about the quality of our food and service! We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The wait staff go the extra mile to give good service here. I could not decide on a wine so had a little tasting to make up my mind. The food was excellent.

Dear "NeddyR",

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience at The Cafe. Your kind comments will definitely serve as an encouragement to both the Culinary and the service staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

While the Cafe was a great place for breakfast and we dined in the cafe twice in the evening during our stay, we would have gone elsewhere the second time had it not been pouring with rain outside. The food was good and I personally wouldn't fault that aspect however we found the service a bit patchy - sometimes attentive, other times we felt abandoned. The wine list was also a disappointment for an international hotel - the place advertises its "impressive international wine list" however, if there is such a list, we weren't shown it. The wine list we did see didn't really showcase some of the best of NZ's wines as we hoped it would. For example, there was no listing of any Central Otago Pinot Noirs like Felton Road or Mt. Edward, and the wines listed had no vintages or year of production against them. NZ makes great wines and this hotel should be really proud of them and showing off the best like some of the wonderful Waiheke Island wines. Maybe there was another restaurant in the hotel that we didn't discover that had all these things but I suspect there isn't.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear “Raedward”,

Thank you for your review on The Café. While I was pleased to read that you very much enjoyed breakfast and the quality of food served in The Café, I am sorry to hear that you found the service inconsistent and the wine list a disappointment. Please be rest assured that I will share your comments with the restaurant team to address the service element.

In the interest of the readers of this forum, I must point out that we do have an extensive wine list, which features a wide selection of different New Zealand wines including a 2011 and 2012 Central Otago Pinot Noir and a 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon from Waiheke Island. Please accept my sincere apologies if you were not given the full list. I can only imagine that you might be referring to the In Room Compendium Wine List, which does not have the full wine selection and vintage.

We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if there is anything I can assist with in the future.