“Not what we expected”

Ranked #373 of 2,269 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: European, International, New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on the Lobby level of Pullman Auckland hotel, Tapestry at Pullman is an upscale restaurant that highlights the tastes of the world through its innovative culinary creations and impressive international wine list. The menu offers abundant flavours and delectable delicacies from New Zealand, Asian and European cuisines, all created live in the viewing kitchen.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We were a group of ten that dined here for lunch recently. We had booked well in advance. Unfortunately our food orders took an hour to arrive and drinks that we had asked for either never turned up or we had to ask the waitress a couple of times as to where they were! A couple of the meals were cold and we sent one back. The waitresses were lovely and were doing what they could...in saying that, there were hardly any other diners here so we were a bit perplexed as to why the wait was so long. We mentioned the above to the lady at the desk who said she would take note of it.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear "Sandygle",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tapestry and for choosing to dine with us. While I am pleased that the team took care of you, I am sincerely sorry that your overall experience was not what it should have been.

As you are aware, I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. I would be grateful if you would kindly email me your contact details on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so I may look into this further for you.

With kind regards,

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Easy place for lunch ”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Service is excellent but food came a bit slowly from their Power Lunch menu I thought. I had the grilled salmon which was a bit cold but otherwise good. Chairs are surprisingly uncomfortable too.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear "smackinlay",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on The Cafe Restaurant. While I am delighted that you experienced our true Pullman hospitality, please accept my sincere apologies that there was a delay in the food and the grilled salmon was slightly cold. I very much hope that we delivered our promise however of ensuring that the Power Lunch experience was enjoyed within 45 minutes.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if you wish to discuss your experience further or if I can be of assistance with a future booking.

Goiania, Go
“Great for dinner and drinks !”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We really enjoyed the place for have a dinner or a drink. Really confortable for the hotel guests. The ambient is cool and you can relax having a nice food. The staff was polite and fast.

Visited January 2014
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear "Cristiano S",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our Cafe Restaurant. I am delighted that you enjoyed the ambience, cuisine and service. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were tired and just wanted to grab a quick dinner before turning in, so we decided to eat at The Cafe in the hotel lobby. We were really surprised to find that the food was excellent, as was the service. We ordered Lamb two ways, which came out looking beautiful and tasted terrific!!!!

Visited November 2013
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear "Martikafo",

Thank you for your amazing review of The Cafe! The team and I are humbled with your kind comments about the quality of our food and service! We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Noosaville, Australia
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The wait staff go the extra mile to give good service here. I could not decide on a wine so had a little tasting to make up my mind. The food was excellent.

Visited November 2013
Dear "NeddyR",

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience at The Cafe. Your kind comments will definitely serve as an encouragement to both the Culinary and the service staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.