“Solid restaurant with great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #356 of 2,200 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the Lobby level of Pullman Auckland hotel, Tapestry at Pullman is an upscale restaurant that highlights the tastes of the world through its innovative culinary creations and impressive international wine list. The menu offers abundant flavours and delectable delicacies from New Zealand, Asian and European cuisines, all created live in the viewing kitchen.
New York
“Solid restaurant with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a very well run restaurant with high standards of professionalism all round. Found it perfect for business meetings where the service was extremely pleasant and attentive and the food well-executed and nicely presented. There is also a wonderful breakfast here which a superb selection of hot and cold items which made it perfect for breakfast business meetings. And their flat whites were the best I tasted in Auckland.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Peter R
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear "Peter R",

Thank you for your lovely review. The team and I are delighted that you had a wonderful experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great dining experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Is not the first time I dine at The Café but is the first time at Tapestry. Brand new name and brand new delicious menu. It was superb ! Had a catch up dinner with a dear friend and both had entrees before our mains. What can I say ? People... you must try the Tiger prawns with crispy kumara, satay sauce, shaved coconut and coriander salad. Absolutely out of this world ! The coconut was the magic ingredient here and the coriander, perhaps, not for everyone but was fine for me. Followed by the main with King fish, green lip mussel ravioli, green harissa and tomato salsa. Sauvignon Blanc from Marisco vineyards was a perfect match. Really, very but very nice ! My compliments to the Chef. Almost forgot... you must try the home made butter with bread and olive oil. First class.
And this fabulous food was enhanced by the service of Cherie, an absolute darling.
It doesn't get better !

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PullmanAucklandHotel, Chef de Cuisine at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear “Alexander D”,

Thank you for your fantastic review! It was a pleasure to welcome you to Tapestry.

As you mentioned, we have recently rebranded the restaurant and we have been very excited preparing for the new launch, including designing the new menu.

I very much appreciate your kind comments and detailed feedback. The team and I are so pleased that you had a wonderful dining experience.

We hope to see you again soon. Please do say hello on your next visit. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

Chef Charlie
Chef de Cuisine
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Delicious fresh food with plenty of flavour. Small menu, but i think this is good to do a few things well than a huge number of things averagely!
Large group of american tourists who were very loud were dining there the night we dined. It didn't bother us but the staff were wonderful and very apologetic and asked if we wanted to be moved to another part of the restaurant., the chef also sent out a complimentary starter too to apologise. Even though we weren't worried! :)
Breakfast was about what you'd expect from a hotel, however they did have some made to order things which was cool. And plenty to choose from from the buffet section.
The service we had was faultless. The staff were all amazing and friendly.
Thanks so much :)

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear "eganh1",

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had an amazing experience and our team took extra special care of you. We hope to see you again soon.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We were a group of ten that dined here for lunch recently. We had booked well in advance. Unfortunately our food orders took an hour to arrive and drinks that we had asked for either never turned up or we had to ask the waitress a couple of times as to where they were! A couple of the meals were cold and we sent one back. The waitresses were lovely and were doing what they could...in saying that, there were hardly any other diners here so we were a bit perplexed as to why the wait was so long. We mentioned the above to the lady at the desk who said she would take note of it.

Dear "Sandygle",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tapestry and for choosing to dine with us. While I am pleased that the team took care of you, I am sincerely sorry that your overall experience was not what it should have been.

As you are aware, I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. I would be grateful if you would kindly email me your contact details on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so I may look into this further for you.

With kind regards,

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Easy place for lunch ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Service is excellent but food came a bit slowly from their Power Lunch menu I thought. I had the grilled salmon which was a bit cold but otherwise good. Chairs are surprisingly uncomfortable too.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear "smackinlay",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on The Cafe Restaurant. While I am delighted that you experienced our true Pullman hospitality, please accept my sincere apologies that there was a delay in the food and the grilled salmon was slightly cold. I very much hope that we delivered our promise however of ensuring that the Power Lunch experience was enjoyed within 45 minutes.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if you wish to discuss your experience further or if I can be of assistance with a future booking.