“Excellent”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've been to quite a few of Auckland's fine dining restaurants, and something I often find annoying is how the level of service doesn't match up to the standard of food.
I was pleased to see got this balance right!
Great ambience in the intimate space,and the food was presented carefully thought-out.
If you're a foodie put it on the list!

1  Thank Guney G

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We almost walked past this little gem tucked away in Shortland Street but so glad we ventured inside. Having had quite mediocre food on 3 previous nights, the food here was really delicious and perfectly cooked. Desserts to die for. The service was impeccable and very friendly. We would strongly recommend a visit.

1  Thank sunray56
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Been here now twice, had a grab one voucher and very good value for money! Food good, nothing special but simple and tasty! The second time I visit my steak unfortunately was overcooked, I didn't say anything, as everything else was fine. It's nice to be able to try some wines as well. Staff nice and friendly. Restaurant looks very casual, some tablecloth and in need of a little makeover(i.e. scratches on table, marks on walls, new printing of menus). But all in all I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I really liked the ambience here, it had great appeal to my sensibilities, and the wine, service and meal were aaaallllll good. Wouldn't hesitate in going there again.

1  Thank Jqqls
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great ambiance-this restaurant is located in an old insurance building with high ceiling & large windows.
As expected the wine list was extensive with a wide range of reasonable to expensive wines.
The food menu offered a limited choice but all the bases were covered - fish, red meat, poultry, & vegetarian. I would have given an excellent rating, but the blue cod special for the day turned out to be bluenose.
The staff were very welcoming and professionally attentive throughout our meal.
Highly recommended.