“Simple, tasty food”

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple, tasty food”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Had a craving for roast duck in the weekend so decided to go to BBQ King. I used to go there a lot when I was at uni for the cheap meals. The food hasn't changed much (or the decor!), but it is still tasty and reasonably priced as it was years ago. I had the roast duck and pork combo on rice which was delicious. The young girls that served us were friendly and polite. While it is not really a place to go to on a date or for a girls night out, I recommend coming here for non-fussy Hong Kong styled food where the free soup and tea is a bonus.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Never again”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Either the reviews online were deceiving or we came to this place at a bad time. The waitress couldn't not comprehend what we wanted even though we pointed at the menu. We were opting for a vegetarian meal eg. Stir fried veges but she was being very impatient with us. The utensils looked very old and worn out. And hot tea was served in cheap plastic cups. Food were served in huge portions. Great but they tasted average. Overall, we left feeling very disappointed and will never return again.

3 Thank Judy L
Melbourne, Australia
“Best in NZ”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

One of the best meals I had in NZ! I ordered the seafood hot pot and it had half the ocean in it, absolutely great value and so yum! my partner had the honey chicken which was also good. Highly recommended! great value, awesome food!

1 Thank Littlecessna150
“great Asian food in nz”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

tried bbq pork and roasted duck rice. come with free bowl of soup and a pot of tea. $14.5. great taste and comparable quality to many similar places in other Asian countries. good value for money in nz standard.

Taupo, New Zealand
“From Taupo”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I was staying at All Seasons Auckland, just around the corner.
I had a great meal and enjoyed the hospitality of the restaurant staff.

Visited September 2012