“Tucked away treasure”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Tucked back one street over from Symonds Street is Benediction Cafe. Great coffee and a fabulous all day snack and lunch menu. Service was prompt and the food was great. It has fashioned itself on a faux chapel with 'stained glass' windows and iconography. A great little find recommended to us.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We used to frequent Benediction often when we lived in Auckland and always had the best food - Pete was the Chef and best coffee - Jarrod was the Barista.

6 years on, this place still delivers. We took "Miss 5" for breakfast and she managed to charm the waitress.

The Scrambled eggs were perfect and the Eggs Benedict with Ham - amazing! And as I said, the coffee is outstanding, so we took two each!

Great work guys, we will be back and we will spread the word in Hawkes Bay for all those visiting Auckland!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I've been going here for years. For business lunch, coffee, with the kids, lunch with the missus, and its never disappointed me. Not once.

I'm a bit of a creature of habit, so I've had the open steak sandwich more times than I care to remember, and its always been excellent. But the big breakfast is good, so are the cafe type stuff in the cabinet, the coffee is great. But the milkshakes. You really should try the milkshakes.

Well worth a visit

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I visited this cafe hoping to have coffee and brunch. The location suited us as it was close to the inner city residential area. Neither my companion nor I could find anything on the menu that appealed. There was a selection of nice looking sandwiches and rolls but we were looking for more of a traditional brunch. The coffee was OK but not great. I will probably look somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is a real gem of a place.
The staff seem very friendly but not over the top...the menu was not elaborate but seemed concise with a good range of choices. Seating was ample with a lovely looking outside area.
When it arrived, the food was glorious (with my emphasis on the potato scones....superb!) it was all very hot and tasty, but the thing I am most pleased about was the absence of loud music (a particular pet hate of mine.)
My friend, who happens to be a bit of a coffee snob, rated her coffee very highly.
All in all, a very positive experience and we will definitely return!