“Top quality and even great for kids”

Musashi Japanese Cuisine - St Heliers
Ranked #316 of 2,345 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: To owner and Chef, Satoru Aoki, nothing is more important than the quality or freshness of his food and he is therefore deeply involved with the overseeing of all ingredients within MUSASHI's menu.MUSASHI not only presents its guests with fine seasonal ingredients and good choice of local wines, it also treats diners to traditional Japanese refreshments such as Sake and Shochu, and beverages.We believe in catering to all individuals' needs and requirements and therefore the menu generously includes choices for those who prefer Wheat Free or Vegetarian options. With many excellent reviews and compliments on MUSASHI dining experience, the staff and team at MUSASHI endeavour to retain that reputable status by providing visitors with exceptional cuisine and impeccable hospitality, every time.At MUSASHI our main goal is to provide you with a well blend of Japanese fusion cuisine, good service and value-for-money dining experience in Auckland where quality is the focus.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Among the best Japanese cuisine I have had anywhere, and I'm including Nobu and Zuma in that. Also they are the only Japanese resto that I'm aware of that has a kids menu with kid meals, kid crockery and a very reasonable set price. Also the Asahi on tap is served perfectly - frozen glass, fresh, and well poured. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The venue is in a non descript area of St Beliefs. There are no views. It is hot and stuffy.
But the food is worth it.
If you like Japanese cuisine, come here. It is not pretentious just good clean food at reasonable prices.
You do need to book because it is justifiably popular.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We tried this 'local' restaurant for dinner on a recommendation and were really impressed. As a couple we sat down the back at one of the high tables with stools where it is a little more quiet than the hustle & bustle at the front. I recommend sitting at the back if going for a date night! It is still reasonably noisy & you are very close to the others seated at the back, but the food & atmosphere is worth it. We went on a Friday night and it was chock full of locals and families, buzzing and a welcoming atmosphere.
I am a big fan of Japanese food and was not disappointed. Every dish was excellent. We had shrimp dumplings, Snapper & vegetable tempura, Chicken Katsu, Spider Rolls and Salmon & Avocado rolls. All came beautifully presented with delicious accompaniments, a real treat, washed down with Asahi on tap. The staff were great, very efficient and friendly.
The curmudgeon local beside us was giving our lovely waitress an unfairly hard time, which she handled with grace and aplomb - well done! He also made a racist comment when she was out of ear shot, about trying to change service to a caucasian waiter. The local punters looked to be mostly young families and senior citizens and I can only hope some of the more senior guests are not as racist as this older man was. I hate to think what review he may post, but his behaviour was very unreasonable and rude. We will go back, this is a new favourite.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I went to Musashi for the first time last week for my birthday. I checked on their website before the day, it appeared to be a fine dinning place with their prices set very close to most of restaurants in britomart. Ok, when I first saw it, I felt very over dressed for it, it was a very local, busy place for 7:30pm on a weekday. Honestly, food was okay, I could have gone to Nishiki or Ken's yakitori for better value. Staff were generally friendly, they all seemed busy but quite disorganized, like many reviewers have already pointed out, you had to wave your hands for your water to be filled, or orders to be taken, or anything else!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I would highly recommend dinners to try musashi,the food is fresh and of excellent quality,the entress are great,we had wedges,prawn sticks and green beans,they are a bit pricy but luckily the taste compensates.chicken teriyaki was lovely and you get lots of it,the restraunt was packed and buzzing all night,theres a section at the other side catering for tables for two,as i have to say the main restraunt got very loud but we found that atmospheric,the staff are very attentive and our food all came out on time and together,its byo too.four of us went,all of us were equally happy and would return.