“Disgusting - would never go back”
Review of Invito - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My partner and I gave this place another go - been there 3 times before today, and it had been ok. We had a voucher which included 2x drinks and 2x breakfasts. Ordered 2x Mocca's which came out as lattes, thought this was a genuine mistake, they apologized and gave us the correct coffees.
Then waited 55 minutes for our breakfasts which were given to a table inside, then had a quick zap in the microwave and re-given to us. The waiter told us they had run out of bread as my partner ordered the big breakfast, so we asked for an English muffin instead. I ordered poached eggs, avocado and mushrooms.
The meals came out completely wrong, was missing the avocado, my partners breakfast didn't have the hashbrowns at all. We queried this and the waitress then advised us 'we have run out of avocado and hashbrown, actually we have run out of all the breakfast today'. I then said we should have been advised of this when we were seated. Waitress said sorry and then proceeded to ask if we wanted cracked pepper. Mushrooms and eggs were freezing. The staff didn't even top up our waters. They must have been embarrassed of this horrible service. Do not go here. Period.

1  Thank Amelia M
There are newer reviews for Invito

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I go out every night of the week and have visited at least 90 percent of the restaurants in Auckland city. Invito, over the past few years, has unfortunately fallen ill of public opinion because of the dubious activities of its former owner. However, having taken on the project, the new management has given a new lease of life to the struggling restaurant. I went with several friends on a Saturday, at about 1830h and struggled to get a table. After being accommodated, the service was fast and friendly. The food has definitely improved and the kitchen is now occupied by a chef who worked at Toto' in the city for several years. The coffee is great, and the Tiramisu is to die for. They are open until around 0200h which is great for us night owls, and I regularly visit for a shisha or two.

3  Thank John C
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is our 6th week of Italian speaking classes and after each week we dine at a different place.This was the worst buy far the prawn entree was straight from gilmours and still cold in the middle. My pizza that I asked for chilli on came with a bottle of tobasco sauce and my wife's pasta had dry meatballs that were smaller than mine

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Had dinner with friends the atmosphere is fantastic. The food wasnt as great as i had hoped.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The evening started well - used a Yazoom voucher for a 3 course dinner for 2. We were seated away from the Friday night after work crowd which was good, our orders were taken promptly and drinks arrived quite quickly and the entrees soon after which were good. Plates were cleared and a second order of drinks taken and delivered. We were happy talking while our mains were cooking - or so we thought. After half an hour tables that arrived after us were getting their mains, not 1 but 3, we thought that maybe we had ordered an item that needed longer to prepare. After another half an hour the young man behind the bar got the waitress to see if we wanted more drinks, we said we'd wait until our mains arrived, she then went to see where they were but didn't come to tell us. They arrived another 20 minutes later after the young man behind the bar went to find out what the hold up was, we were told they where 2 minutes away. The wait staff either forgot about us or didn't want to deal with a perceived complaint, they seemed anxious to be available to take orders in the outside area from the after work crowd.
We final got our mains which were lovely until I got to the middle of my salmon, just as well I like raw fish - at this point I couldn't be bother complaining and was looking froward to dessert which was ordered at the same time as the rest of the meal, unfortunately because of the delay in getting the mains the dessert I had chosen was no longer available - it was my favorite so I was disappointed to say the least.
We won't be going back because of the lack of service and no apology was made for the long wait.