“Reliable and fast ramen”
Review of Ramen Daikoku

Ramen Daikoku
Ranked #502 of 2,260 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
New Zealand
“Reliable and fast ramen”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Good selection of ramen and 'noodle bar' non ramen staple Japanese fast food (excluding sushi) and including combos. Tasty and quick, a bit more expensive than others but still affordable. Closes on the dot at 2pm so go early! Decor 2 star and ready for a makeover.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good food”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Small little place not much to look at but really good food. Fast service and cheap prices. I found the staff to be really friendly and the place was packed full always a good sign.

Visited June 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“An off night perhaps”
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

This was my first time here and won't be going back again. I'll just summaries the reasons

- I think a few of the staff were new but the service was very slow. we waited for someone to take our order which took awhile, two drinks came out very fast but my ice tea also took awhile to come out and my fiances glass of water never came out even though we asked two separate waiters for it again.

-one person ordered the karaage on rice dish, bit into a piece and realised it was still raw in the centre! ( raw chicken )we didn't make a fuss, he apologised and said he'll make a new one. all our other dishes arrived except this one and we waited and waited until we finally asked what the story was and he had completely forgotten about it!

-my ramen was nice but I didn't even enjoy it because of this poor service. I would have thought they would have at least waived the cost of the drinks but no. If we weren't in the company of friends we probably would have walked out very early on.

Overall the foods fine but why would you go out of your way to go here when there's so much great Japanese options in the city. This was probably one of my worst eating out experiences so i can't recommend it.

Melbourne, Australia
“Original Ramen - Best ramen in Auckland”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We found this shop by accident, while walking around Queen St, it is located in one of the alley. Must say the ramen quality is very good and chewy. Soup based is also delicious and perfect saltyness. Get the Ramen combo which gives you additional small servings of rice and beef - perfect to share with your partner / little kids who may want more than just noodle.

Visited December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice noodle”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Although they have a nice spicy miso ramen, but try their fried rice as well. Their set menu (with either fried chicken or fried dumpling) is very good value for money. Small restaurant but quite comfortable.

• Visited December 2012