“Simply The Best”

Ranked #18 of 113 Speciality Lodging in Auckland
Wellington, New Zealand
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked several rooms for our Managers along with the conference room.The accomodation was outstanding and was complimented with cafe/restuarant with a great selection of food available.This Lodge is a great value with ALL conveniences available.
Definitely a place I would frequent.The Management and staff are extremely friendly and over helpful.Thank you to the team at Best Western New Market for a most memorable stay.

Stan

1 Thank Stan B
GSRM, Manager at Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Hi Stan,

What a lovely feedback you have given us!. Everyone here is overjoyed and you have made all of us really happy ! We appreciate the time you took to complete the survey and look forward to host your accommodation/training/conference again.

Our regards to everyone in your team!

Cheers,
Laurence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

If booking this motel based on their website description then make sure you specify that you want a room in the new wing.

All rooms air conditioned = fan and oil heater in old block.
All rooms have king bed = queen bed in old block.
All rooms have large 32" tv = 26".
Tv's visible in all bedrooms = yes if you sit in the bedroom doorway and look into the lounge.

This is misleading advertising and needs to be corrected quickly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JohnFLUB
Hi John,

Thank you for your review and we're very sorry to assign the wrong room type for your booking. This is our mistake and there is no excuse for it. The room assigned are one of the two rooms that are not listed on the website but sold to phone-in guests or passer-by who need an economical stay. They will be upgraded soon and completed within a month's time. I'm sorry that our staff did not pick-up their mistakes on time when reviewing your booking online, as well as during your check-in

In the meantime, kindly contact us on info@abf.net.nz so that we can refund the difference in the room rates to you. I trust that this will meet with your approval and look forward to hear from you very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Auckland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at this motel last weekend for a couple of nights while on business. I stayed in one of the new 'executive' rooms and it was really nice, I give it 5/5! There was no road noise, the bed was large and comfy, everything very clean and a nice spacious room. The only thing was that I was running quite a lot later than I had expected (arriving around 8pm) so I called a couple of times to advise them, but the phone just rang and rang with no answer. Fortunately there was a staff member still there when I arrived. Strange they don't have an answerphone or something though.

My stay on Friday night was fine, no noise at all, but Saturday night was a different story. My room was on the ground floor and I think this may be the same level as the pool (I didn't get a chance to check out the pool). Saturday night seemed to have lots of NZ'ers staying and by the sounds of it they were all partying. There were shrieking women, large groups of yelling drunken young people, a bunch of really out-of-it and aggressive-sounding guys right outside my room which I found quite scary, and even a domestic in the carpark outside my window. A horrible sleepless night. So I would rate this motel great if you're staying during the week or on business, but be wary of staying here on a Saturday night unless you are planning to party all night yourself!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the pool and carpark especially on Saturday nights!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GSRM, Manager at Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Lynn,

I am truly sorry to learn that your stay was interrupted by a noisy crowd last Saturday. We had a group of young performing musicians here on competition and they have obviously took their celebrations too far. I very much regretted that this has happened. I will speak to my night manager about the incident to review the steps that he has taken to inform and caution the noisy guests, as well as looking at implementing further procedures to safeguard the sleep quality of all guests in our motel.

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. Please be assured that we will improve in areas that you have highlighted, so that the motel can meet your expectation every time you return to stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Laurence Lee
Manager
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Travelling on business, the location was great. Staff were very friendly. Unit was quite new, and was extremely clean. I even checked in all the corners. had everything I needed. The TV was one of the larger ones I have seen in a motel unit and I can easily say it had the best reception than any other TV I have encountered elsewhere. Beds were comfortable. While the bathroom was quite small, it served its purpose (I mean, how much room does one need in a bathroom) and it was spotless clean. I also really liked the shampoo and body wash dispensers in the bathroom. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GSRM, Manager at Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Hi Rex,

We're grateful for your review and also the time you spent in telling us what you like about your room. I've also passed on your review to our cleaners and I'm sure that they will be very pleased to know that their work is truly appreciated.

We look forward to see you whenever your trip take you up to Auckland! Have a great week!

Bateau Bay, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband & I stayed 1 night here. Reception staff were friendly & helpful. We had an upstairs room overlooking the pool. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable & quiet despite being quite close to the road. The air con was very good. A small kitchenette with all the basic necessities, including microwave, toaster, kettle, crockery & cuttlery.

The bathroom was large & well ventilated bathroom, the shower had excellent water pessure. The King bed was very comfortable. Free onsite parking & complimentry fast internet were appreciated.

The onsite restaurant served delicious meals at reasonable prices & the waitstaff were attentive & friendly.

We enjoyed our short stay here & would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GSRM, Front Office Manager at Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for the genarous feedback and review.

We are all over joy when we read it, and every staff was absolutely thrilled when they can see that their work is truly appreciated. Thnak you once again for staying with us, and we love to see you back again, anytime!

Cheers,

Ken
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Beautiful and spacious room with flat screen tv, complimentary and fast wifi, heat pump and luxurious bathroom with massive shower. The only negative things for me were that the bed was a bit too soft for my liking, the shower pressure was a bit on the low side and the view from my ranch slider and tiny deck was the carpark, but thats just being super picky. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this motel, very handy to new market and friendly staff. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GSRM, Manager at Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Hi Kataly,

Many thanks for taking your time to write us an extensive review and we're glad to learn that you intend to stay with us again in the future.

I'm sorry that we couldn't improve on the view from your room, but we can assure you that the room you stayed was just completed in Mar 2013 so the mattress is brand new and if it's soft to your touch, we can perhaps attribute it to personal preference, if this is an acceptable explanation.

The plumber has returned to tweek the pressure on the water cylinder so hopefully when you next return, it will not be an issue anymore.

Thank you once again and we look forward to see you soon!

Regards,

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 16 June 2013

A great, clean motel. Spacious rooms including all appliances. Away from the busy streets. Good breakfast in the adjoined restaurant with friendly staff. Quite a few eateries down the road. But nothing much to walk around and see, and mind you the city sleeps early.

Room Tip: Ask for another wifi token if your 1GB data bundle expires.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
GSRM, Manager at Best Western Newmarket Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review that you have given us. Yes we are proud of the free Wi-Fi services that we offer to every guest. When the 1 GB allocation is up, just pop-into the reception to obtain another password for the next 1 GB -- it's that simple! Look forward to host your stay again when you're next in Auckland.

Kind regards,