“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had dinner at the hammerhead restaurant few weeks ago with my friends and i have to tell that both quality and quantity of the food are definitely not at the level this restaurant think is.
I'm always happy to pay for quality but not this time unfortunately, very expensive for what it was.
Maybe we had too much expectations.
Good point: The waitress was really friendly and professional.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My friend and I were driving out towards the city last week to visit the art gallery and stopped in here for a quick glass of wine. Well. We ended up staying two hours later after our impromptu ladies lunch! The maitre-d spoiled us rotten even though he was busy with a lot of other goings-on but had a great sense of humour and genuine-ness (is that even a word.). we got their lunch special for $30 which included glass of vino and a normal main - Fantastic. Perfectly cooked snapper matched with a delicious rose wine. The maitre-d (or manager, what do you call them these days!) must have overheard it was my b-day and what a surprise when he brough out a lovely little sweet plate with Happy Birthday on it. Never had that before at any place Ive eaten or hotel ive stayed at, just a little touch was so thoughtful. I just read some reviews and disagree with so many of them, I can tell there are a lot of fussy people on here with not much alse to do but collect there pension and compain. Enjoy life and make the most of it maybe others will pick up you positive energy and give you a better experience like we had!!!!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Armed with high expectations from previous visits from several years ago our party of four were all disappointed. The price of food and particularly wine was up there with the best of restaurants but the results ...well not quite so good. However, the location is great overlooking Okahu Bay on the southern shore of the Waitemata Harbour and, on a warm fine night, the outdoor tables could be wonderful. The building has real history too going back to around 1914 as a major steam powered sewage pumping station although that is now apparently "forgotten". Unfortunately, in the conversion of the building, little attention was given to the acoustics and our evening was somewhat spoilt by the very high noise level from other guests that made conversation amongst our party somewhat difficult.

Service struggled to be even average as the staff, most who did not appear to have English as their first language seemed to be relatively new to their role.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Dined here this week, we went with high expectations and they were just not met. On average we paid $120 per person - this included two bottles of wine and a few beers so it was certainly not cheap - the food was ok, but no different to what i would expect from an average run of the mill restaurant.

Whilst the food was average, the service was poor. If i am sitting talking with friends around a table, i don't expect someone to walk up and talk over the top of the conversation - words like, excuse me, thanks etc would be nice - i pride myself on being polite to people, i am not sure why the wait staff here are above such simple courtesies.It was one of those places where the staff seemed to think they were better than their guests.

With so many fabulous restaurants in Auckland, spend wisely and go somewhere else.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurant in Auckland, my first time here was more than 15 years ago and every time when I'm in Auckland I will come and dine at this restaurant. Lots of good memories here.