“Eden Park B&B Auckland best place in Auckland”

Eden Park Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 58 Auckland B&B and Inns
Gore, New Zealand
“Eden Park B&B Auckland best place in Auckland”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have stayed at the Eden Park B&B twice now, and it's the most welcoming, warm and beautiful place to stay, it's a beautiful place to stay, warm and inviting. I stayed in the Blue Room with it's beautiful chandeliers, large comfortable bed and beautiful surroundings.

Tony and Marlene are the perfect hosts, along with the handsome Darcy, the cutest Spoodle you could ever meet.

Marlene does the best breakfast, a great way to get your day started, you can choose between a cooked breakfast or a continental one.

From the time you arrive to the time you leave Tony and Marlene make you feel at home and part of the family, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending The Eden Park B&B to family and friends.

Jan
gore

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful but my favourite room is the Blue Room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jan W
agm12, Public Relations Manager at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
You are always welcome in this house. and thanks for the like on Mr Darcy.
have a great day
Tony and Marlene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed for one night in the Cream room at Eden Park. Location is near to the Civic center judt 3 bus-stops away. Upon arrival, we were met by Tony and their adorable dog, Darcy. While our stay was short, it was thoroughly enjoyable. We especially loved the cookies available for guests. The next day, Marlene made a delicious and healthy breakfast. Her home-meal cereal are definitely a must try !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S
It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Sometimes the time frame is too short.
Travel safe..
have a great day
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I only had a very brief stay on business but was impressed by the quality of the property. This is a meticulously refurbished villa in a very central but quiet part of the city. The love and attention given to the decor and how the rooms are dressed is evident. Very comfortable bed in the large self-contained room. Welcoming and hospitable people as well!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Karaventure
agm12, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for any comments.
Hopefully we will see you again one day.
Travel Safe
Canberra
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I had 2 nights at the Eden Park Bed and Breakfast in late May this year. Marlene and Tony were great hosts and we had a most enjoyable 2 nights here.

The breakfasts were superb and the room we had was comfortable and roomy. Marlene and Tony were great hosts. On the Friday night I spent an enjoyable evening watching the Rugby in the guest lounge room where I was joined by Tony. We both came unstuck as we were really going to bed early but got rapped in a game over here in Australia that didn't finish til late NZ time.

Talking of Rugby that brings me to my next point re the place. Five minutes walk from Eden Park. One of the reasons we stayed there was that we were going to the Brumbies v Blues game on the Saturday evening. It was sooooo convenient.

I would recommend this place to everyone but especially any Rugby fan who wants to attend a game at Eden Park. It is so close. It is also close the the Mt Eden shops where there is a great Irish Pub.

Even if you arent going to Auckland for the Rugby it is a great place to stay. Tony and Marlene are great hosts and breakfast is great!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMCanberra
I am glad you enjoyed the games at Eden Park. In Feburary 2014 they are going to have the
NRL 9's over two days. That will be very exciting
Thank you for the review.
travel safe.
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I visit Auckland more often on business trips. My company booked me in different places and I did not like them, till they booked me into Mt Eden. That was the best and I have chosen to come to this place always. This Villa looks more like any ordinary house from outside with a pretty garden but, once you get inside you are in another world. The house is luxuriously decorated with warm and welcoming colours, very clean. Bathrooms have theraputic natural bath oils and skin creams. The Hosts Tony and Marlene are very welcoming they make you feel at home. The breakfast is awesome and healthy. I have made this place my first choice each and every time I visit Auckland.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Phillipa M
Thank you for the review. Reading it makes me want to go and stay; and i live here!
I appreciate the generous words offered.
travel safe
Marlene and Tony
NOVA
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Particulars about this B&B's lovely situation, decor, location, appointments and culinary delights are amply recorded in previous reviews.

My experience: My cares and stresses just seemed to melt away as I crossed the threshold of this charming, comfortable little gem. I felt utterly warmed and welcomed by this Inn's helpful and gracious hosts along with huggable Mr. Darcy and impish and equally lovable granddaugher Eve; I had the best breakfast ever to start each day; and got the most refreshing and soothing sleep I'd had in weeks. I enjoyed the easiest most relaxing touring I could imagine, either with pickups right at the front door, or easy walks to nearby volcanoes or train stations to go downtown. Marlene and Tony have infused their magic touch, everything here is just right. I wanted for nothing. If I had one regret, it would have been to plan a bit more time at this perfect home base while doing a little more justice to Auckland, the local wineries and the Waitakeres.

I only worry for all these terrific reviews whether there will still be room when I would look to visit again in the future, which I now know that I will.

Room Tip: different sizes, but all seemed well appointed, and all were quiet. no fitness center but great wal...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gloNova
there will always be space for you. Thank you for the generous words on your review.
Eva is with us again for the holidays and goes back to CHC tomorrow. Sixteen days went fast.
Summer is getting closer and the reservations are ramping up for us.
Have a great day
Marlene and Tony
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Travel from Whangarei to Auckland for work ... and prefer to stay at the B&B. Marlene and Tony are lovely hosts. The B&B is a beautiful villa that has been restored with high quality character features. The interior décor is high end character ... luxurious, cosy and modern. Love the themed rooms which add to the luxurious ambience - especially the chandalliers. Lots of lovely touches - quality pampering products to encourage you to relax and enjoy the stay, garden flowers, complimentary chocolates. I feel absolutely safe at the B&B. The breakfast is special - I feel like a Queen when I sit at the table which is finely set. The homemade food is delicious and much appreciated. I have stayed in two of the four rooms and have the best sleep ever - really important to me when I'm travelling. I love staying here and highly recommend the B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fiona T
agm12, Manager at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 February 2015
Thank you for your very kind word about us and our Bedandbreakfast.'
Tony and myself appreciate your time in writing a review for us.
take care