“Lovely, cosy and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Park Bed & Breakfast

Eden Park Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 54 Auckland B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Lovely, cosy and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The b & b is very comfortable with cosy rooms and a large, pleasant lounge for guests to relax in. Breakfast is excellent with lots of choice. The b & b is situated in the suburb on mt Eden which has plenty of shops and restaurants nearby and is a short bus ride into the city. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bex76
SweetPea2050, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Tony and I feel very humble when guests write such nicereviews about our Bed and breakfast.
We just try to make each guest that stay with us feel important, and enjoy there stay with us.

thank you.
all our best wishes for 2014.
our kindest regards
Marlene and Tony.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I really enjoyed my recent 1 night stay at this B&B. I am a backpacker who enjoys a splurge now and then and I felt that this was one of the the best value for money stays I have ever had. As a previous reviewer mentioned, this is a wonderful option for a single traveler. I took a bus from central Auckland and it was just a short walk from Dominion St to the B&B.

I was greeted warmly by Marlene and Mr. Darcy when I arrived and settled in after a brief tour of this beautiful property. I stayed in the cream room at the front of the house and it was just perfect! I am in NZ on a work visa, so I appreciated the free wifi and quiet for getting some job hunting done. The tea, coffee and treats were nice too. In the afternoon, I made the ~30 min walk to Mt. Eden to take in the views. In the morning, Tony and Marlene prepared a lovely and filling breakfast and chatted with me and the other guests. I was sad to have only stayed one night and hope to have a chance to stay here again before I leave NZ.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SweetPea2050, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Hello,

thank you so much for writting such a wonderful review for us. Tony and I appreciate it very much.
I do hope you are enjoying New Zealand and you find that wonderful job for yourself.
our kind wishes to you and we would love to see you again to hear all about your adventures.
Merry Christmas and safe travels.
regards
Marlene Tony and Mr Darcy....
Wentorf bei Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This bed and breakfast was our first b&b in New Zealand on our trip around the north island. My parents, grandparents and myself loved it! After picking up our rental car from Auckland airport we were heading off to Eden park and arrived after 20 minutes. The location is great and a trip up to Mount Eden is highly recommended as you get a beautiful view of Auckland.
Extraordinary was the love for detail that is shown inside. With a big lounge, free internet and a big tv with a great variety of dvd's.
We all were amazed by the English style, tidiness, Marlene's courtesy (and her lovely and well behaved dog!) and last of all the amazing breakfast!! Again with love for detail and the food was simply great and even better than in any other first class hotel!

Unfortunately we were only able to stay for one night, but we can recommend this motel to anyone in the world.

Cai, Uschi, Corinna, Claus, Florian from Hamburg, Germany.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Florian F
SweetPea2050, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review for us while on your trip around New Zealand. it is very much appreciated.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you all and that you enjoyed your stay with us at Eden Park bedandbreakfast.
all the best for the rest of your holiday in New Zealand and safe travels.
our warmest regards to you all.
Marlene Tony and of course Mr Darcy..
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Thank you again Marlene and Tony for your wonderful hospitality. Beautifully appointed B&B with friendly hosts in a very convenient location. Free Wi-Fi and a great breakfast. I look forward to my next stay - Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TB2102
SweetPea2050, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We are very grateful when guests take the time to write a review for us.
thankyou for your very kind words.
all our best wishes for 2014.
regards
Marlene Tony and Mr.Darcy.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Thank you Marlene for making my stay in Auckland so memorable and for your wonderful hospitality and kindness.I appreciate your consideration of the single traveller and I shall always come back to your beautiful home when visiting Auckland. As all the other reviews- everything was marvellous, absolutely spotless with such attention to detail and breakfast was spectacular. The upgrade on my return was a wonderfaul surprise.I have booked again for next year and hope to have one day just to stay at home all day!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Manz459
SweetPea2050, Manager at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I know it is a bit lonely travelling on your own, so I'm very pleased that you felt comfortable staying with us at Eden Park Bedandbreakfast. our best wishes for 2014 and we will see you again in June.
take care.

Marlene Tony and Mr Darcy
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I found this to be a wonderful B&B that made me feel like I had a truly authentic Mount Eden experience. Attention has been given to every design detail from the silk cords one pulls to turn on lights, to the old fashioned water closet, to the beautiful table wear presented at breakfast. The house was filled with the smell of fresh lilies and the accoutrements in the bathroom were luxuriously local. A gorgeous spread of food was prepared by the delightful owner who has lived in the house for 25 years with her husband. The house is small but immaculately maintained and located in a quiet neighbourhood and is only a short walk to shopping and transportation. Nice little veranda in the back. Highly recommended if you like the homey hospitality of a B&B.

Room Tip: All rooms have different colour schemes and slightly different furnishings. All beautifully done. Th...