“Great food and value for money”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #1,852 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I love Denny's. They have a few restaurants scattered throughout Auckland, which is really convenient. The service is always great and the menu pretty extensive. I like the fact that they serve the breakfast options all day so you could have breakfast in the afternoon if you so wished. The roast meal, which is only available from 12-2pm, is also very yummy. Definitely good value for money and great for families with kids as well.

There are newer reviews for Denny's

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We went to Denny's in Highland Park. The venue is scruffy, food disappointing and service very poor. Some of the staff were wearing very grubby uniforms. When we paid the waitress watched my husband put in his credit card pin number and when the machine didn't work she then put in the correct pin, saying that he should have pressed the keys harder!! An unacceptable security issue.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Went to Denny's for breakfast during my stay in Auckland in August 2012. It wasn't a bad experience but I wouldn't be rushing back either. They did take my special request which was appreciated. However, the service was slow considering there was not a great amount of people in there. My sister and I waited around 45 minutes for our breakfast and the food was average. Staff were friendly though and helpful with giving directions.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Outraged and upset!
Sadly we have given this restaurant a few chances at redeeming themselves with there quality of service and quality of food.
After sitting in the restaurant for 15-20 minutes waiting for water to be brought to us which we asked for twice already, we ask the manager for our water a third time and are greeted with, instead of a friendly face and positive helpful manner, a angry and negative tone telling us "it hasn't been 15 minutes at all" then walks away mid conversation!
Needless to say we walked out right then and there an will NEVER be returning!

Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is the worst place that I have been to yet. You don't advertise yourselves as an American plaza/bar which you should have. Setting good for your type of food. Sorry, but your food is so bad that it is overpriced. For example, Samplers should only cost about $10 not $14. You should have a range of options which you do not have like small, medium or large serving for anytime of the day. Your servings are very average food, so why bother having takeaways? I'm not going to have your chips again if you do it as nicely as McDonalds does, because it's so much tastier. Staff members are a little late to serve drinks and food too. Nothing wrong with communication. I was not allowed to take my Lindaeur off the premises of the restaurant, and that's something you should do. I think you should have better wine, chardonnays and sparklings, because the ones served at the moment are crap. Your value for money is not right, should be about $3.00 for glass and every drink should be a glass because none of them are exceptional. You also have too much fried food available, and nothing special to try. It would also be good to have recommendations as well. Oh, and improve the flooring and the hand sanitizer smell, it's so strong. I won't be coming back here for sure until you clear up your mistakes.