“Excellent food Great views”

Peppers Beachfront Bar and Cafe
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Gisborne
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Service, fresh funky food, relaxed atmosphere, beachfront dining at its best!
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Situated above a surf club it would be easy to overlook this restaurant but that would be a shame. One of the best meals we have had in new zealand. Friendly service. Great views. Excellent food.

1  Thank Stephen T

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great location on top floor of surf lifesaving club. Nice breakfast with a limited but imaginative menu.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is the second time I have been to Pepper's Beachfront Bar and Café...both times for lunch and both times the meal and service were wonderful.
Lovely fresh salad with Scallops and bacon, crispy Squid...so delicious and enough to eat so I didn't feel hungry when I left and I didn't feel I had overeaten either.
I have also had the Eggs Benedict and it was served on a potato rosti, not a bun and absolutely delicious.
I'm not sure if they accept reservations, I imagine they do and I don't know if they deliver, I don't think they would, but I'm sure a phone call would tell you all you need to know.

1  Thank Ann D
Reviewed 12 February 2014

What a difference new experienced chefs, new team and a new image can make to a restaurant! Peppers Beachfront Cafe & bar has all the elements for a first class experience for all level of dinners.

We parked right outside and then up a flight of stairs to an elevated view out over the beach – WOW! You can eat indoors in comfort in any weather, or out on the expansive deck; so on a perfect Gisborne day who could give up the opportunity of enjoying lunch with such a awesome view of the whole of the beach. We choose to have lunch outside under market umbrellas and the light sea breeze gave relief to a 26 degree Gisborne day.

On the deck other couples were enjoying a drink and relaxing - obvious a prime place for meetionjg friends.

The staff made us feel most welcome and took out orders. Our drinks arrived promptly and followed minutes later by our orders; Chicken Wraps that were mostly likely the best wraps we have had in recent cafe lunches; and Hot Smoked Salmon Salad that was exceptional in both presentation and quality. These two dishes would have been totally at home in the best any city all day cafe – well-done PEPPERS.

When visiting Gisborne you should put Peppers on our “Must VISIT” restaurant list – you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

A friendly cafe/restaurant with excellent food and great view of the beach.
Under new management by young people who are developing their business and are keen to please.