“GOOD FOOD!!”

Snackisfaction Cafe & Bar
Ranked #43 of 87 Restaurants in Gisborne
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have been going to this place since my polytech days, all their food is nice!! my favourite is the shrimp pies yummmmm!!!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I will be the first to admit that a single unsatisfactory meal is not enough to permanently condemn a cafe. So read this review knowing that I have had but one meal there (with my wife who had a similar experience). Snackisfaction is one of those places that seems quite promising when you come across it and first walk in. The fully licensed bar in front would appear to offer a pleasant place to catch a drink after work though I was not there at the right time for that. Passing into the cafe in back the cafe continues to offer great expectations. There is an attractive, long wood and glass cabinet filled with pastries, pies and other assorted foods. The tables inside are large and offer families room to spread out. The sidewalk tables on Lowe St. offer good seats for watching Gisborne come to life. Nothing special about the menu but it offers a typical Kiwi breakfast range. The proprietor is not overly friendly but she is pleasant, efficient, and professional nonetheless. The coffee (latte in this case) is quite good and I had two. Breakfast was the disappointment. The bacon a bit fatty, the poached eggs over done, and the toast was butter soaked white bread. Not horrible but not what you go out for. After we finished with our plates a nice man with obvious mental challenges approached and pointed to my wife's toast and asked, "Can I have that?" We did not hesitate in telling him he could and he gleefully took the toast and piled on the leftover mushroom sauce, thanked us, and walked to a nearby bench and savoured this like a condemned man's last meal.

Several of the other reviewers have discussed the toilet. I have no problem with the extremely small space for the toilet nor with the physical difficulty in getting inside such a small space and shutting the door. I can abide a slightly dusty toilet that opens to the outside. However, the last and most important part of a toilet is the washing up. In this case the sink is again tiny but completely serviceable. But there was no paper for drying. It was not a case of the dispenser being empty, there was no indication that there ever was any paper or other manner for drying one's hands. Disappointing.

1  Thank brownprop
Reviewed 17 October 2012

They wanted to go to the AMP show so were more interested in closing than serving us ... we should have just gone to another cafe then ... visit Gizzy alot so wont beback here - one of the group thought she was getting a normal sausage roll and it was curry ... otherwise food was ok. Toilet was clean - always appreciate good clean toilets, so thats a positive!

1  Thank Andreadogs
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stopped here to grabbed a quick lunch, and despite it being almost 4pm, there was still a selection of hot and cold food. The service was quick, the coffee and food not expensive. It is nothing flash, but if you are after good value and good, quick service, try these guys.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Got my order very wrong, incl bacon in my vegetarian breakfast. Two mushrooms only in my side order of mushrooms. Took ages. Grubby toilets. Poor quality ingredients.

3  Thank IronVan