“small but affective”

Snackisfaction Cafe & Bar
Ranked #57 of 86 Restaurants in Gisborne
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ive been here a couple of times, the food was great and there was plenty of it, its set in the main street on a corner, so the outside tables are on the side street, I have had a huge plate of bacon and eggs several times here and really enjoyed them, theres a good variety of tucker to be had and there is a bar just tucked away on the main street side of the cafe, very quaint, a bit of music playing which is nice, the only thing I would ask for is to please make me feel like Im your most important customer of the day. Apart from that enjoy the food

1  Thank Jannie558

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great service and an awesome feed. Friendly staff and n ot highly priced. Good pies too.

Good honest food and service

Reviewed 26 January 2014

the cafe was too hot. Smelt of pies, chips, fried food. The choices limited, the staff ok. I stayed with v and pump water, partner had a corona, pleasantly presented-in the bottle with lemon.

2  Thank ai1sa
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have been going to this place since my polytech days, all their food is nice!! my favourite is the shrimp pies yummmmm!!!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I will be the first to admit that a single unsatisfactory meal is not enough to permanently condemn a cafe. So read this review knowing that I have had but one meal there (with my wife who had a similar experience). Snackisfaction is one of those places that seems quite promising when you come across it and first walk in. The fully licensed bar in front would appear to offer a pleasant place to catch a drink after work though I was not there at the right time for that. Passing into the cafe in back the cafe continues to offer great expectations. There is an attractive, long wood and glass cabinet filled with pastries, pies and other assorted foods. The tables inside are large and offer families room to spread out. The sidewalk tables on Lowe St. offer good seats for watching Gisborne come to life. Nothing special about the menu but it offers a typical Kiwi breakfast range. The proprietor is not overly friendly but she is pleasant, efficient, and professional nonetheless. The coffee (latte in this case) is quite good and I had two. Breakfast was the disappointment. The bacon a bit fatty, the poached eggs over done, and the toast was butter soaked white bread. Not horrible but not what you go out for. After we finished with our plates a nice man with obvious mental challenges approached and pointed to my wife's toast and asked, "Can I have that?" We did not hesitate in telling him he could and he gleefully took the toast and piled on the leftover mushroom sauce, thanked us, and walked to a nearby bench and savoured this like a condemned man's last meal.

Several of the other reviewers have discussed the toilet. I have no problem with the extremely small space for the toilet nor with the physical difficulty in getting inside such a small space and shutting the door. I can abide a slightly dusty toilet that opens to the outside. However, the last and most important part of a toilet is the washing up. In this case the sink is again tiny but completely serviceable. But there was no paper for drying. It was not a case of the dispenser being empty, there was no indication that there ever was any paper or other manner for drying one's hands. Disappointing.

1  Thank brownprop