“Fluke I found it. Not disappointed”
Review of The Works

The Works
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Gisborne
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, after work get together's, birthday parties, business lunches, a romantic table for two, family gatherings - or no reason at all. Enjoy the unique ambiance of the iconic Works Restaurant and Bar, situated in all that remains of the historic Kaiti Freezing works. Fabulous food, warm friendly atmosphere, professional service. Exceptional wedding venue hurry book now.
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I went to harbour fish shop get fish meal but was a fish mart. Went turn round and spotted The Works by fluke. I was not disappointed. Friendly staff, fantastic menu finally made up mind, seafood chowder. While waiting I watched food taken to tables looked fantastic. Wish I ordered battered beer fish n chips, next time. Mine comes wow! Huge bowl of seafood chowder with toasted sliced homemade bread Gorgeous presentation, delicious.washed with a beer. Like Arnarld said, I'll be back! For more

2  Thank Mykara

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Great eatery spot! A lot of character! Great team of people, great view, a lot of parking space, a great place to relax

1  Thank LivJob12
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Everything was just lovely. Ambiance, staff, food, price - all wonderful. Parking area a bit pot holed.

1  Thank DianeR37
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Luckily, we arrived there early so we still got a table even we didn’t book. The presentation and the taste of the food were excellent. The portion is perfect. The staff was super nice. You should try this restaurant if you are in that area.

1  Thank PatcharadaB3
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We went to The Works for a Sunday lunch and enjoyed it a lot. My partner had a big breakfast which was really of a good size and very yammie. The only remarkable thing was that it had just 1 egg which is not very kiwi like... I had a wrap with smoked salmon and I was wrapped with that. Not too heavy but enough for me and also the taste was very good! They have a lovely veranda but the weather was just not good enough to sit outside.The inside could do with a good lighting plan as it is quite dark which makes the place a bit sad looking. Overall a good food experience and we will be back for sure.

1  Thank Autograph_Events