Fountain City Motor Inn
US$94
US$89
US$97
US$94
All reviewspool area needsstayed herewater pressure in showerindoor heated poolhuge tvlady at receptionfree wifi internetbit datedheat pumpsky channelsshower headbedroom unitkitchen facilitiesstay there againpark viewgood sizecleaning staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have stayed twice at Fountain City. We have found the service to be excellent, the cleanliness of rooms to be excellent and it is nice to be close to town. The rooms could do with more natural light and modernised but were very nice for both our stays. There is a little noise from upstairs if you are in the downstairs rooms, both times this has not impacted on our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TopGuNZ
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've stayed at half a dozen places in Hamilton and this is my overall favourite so far. I was upstairs at the far end with a balcony that overlooks the neighbouring park. It's super quiet (internal and external noise). It's central, but you feel like you're in the country. Private with excellent security and ample parking. It was like a self contained apartment. Kitchen, plunger coffee, heat pump, large bathroom, huge tv, wifi, a separating lounge. The couch was so comfy I slept on it one night. The bed is huge. Retro/fun/quirky layout. Delivery charge back restaurant option. A direct dial to room option for outside callers. The staff are excellent. Friendly and professional. Happy to go the extra mile. The housekeeping lady was superb. She knew I liked to get up late and would leave me till last. She'd do all the thinking for me while I slowly gained consciousness and did the thinking for me. Nice people, nice place. They're there if you need them, otherwise they'll leave you to it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room with a park view. Upstairs is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WairuaS
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We are a family of 4 and this is the second time we have stayed here. Amy the duty manager is very nice and goes out of her way to be helpful with good suggestions where to eat and made sure the sofa bed was ready for the kids as we were arriving late. The rooms have been clean and it is nice to have a big bench in the bathroom and a shower with good pressure. Please be aware that this Motor Inn desperately needs updating but the price, cleanliness and service make up for it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank K T
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We only stayed for 1 night at this hotel in mid-March. It is located on a main road through town - on the way out heading towards Auckland - but we never heard any traffic noise. We had ground floor room 7 with a massive comfortable king size bed. The room was a little dated though clean. When we first walked in, I was surprised we had a large sofa in the room. I thought it was going to be nice to sit & watch TV on a sofa, but I was mistaken. It was however so uncomfortable after just a small time - I can only assume it was an old style sofa bed. I understand most people wont be concerned about the hair dryer in the bathroom, but this one is probably the worst I've ever encountered. I don't mind that it's old - it just needs to blow some air out to dry my hair! Our room looked out to a park area while rooms on the other side looked out to the car park. The room also had air-conditioning which was wonderful on the hot day/night. Free wi-fi was included in the price and we had no trouble connecting. The staff at reception were friendly and we had no complaints with their service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank no_444
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had room 5, was handy to the carpark, pool, laundry & the furtherest of the ground floor rooms from the main road. It's an ideal location for a business stop over as it's handy to all parts of Hamilton.

The room was very clean & the bed comfortable. I didn't take a look at the pool, but the thought of being able to take a dip was enticing, especially with the humid weather. If the kids had been with me they'd of been straight in after a long drive.

Definitely value for money, hassle free & you don't often get shower pressure so great that you almost can't bear, almost a massage from the jets!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business