“Good Value & Great Stay with Children”

Fountain City Motor Inn
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I stayed with my two children at Fountain City Motel last X-mas for 2 nights. Room was very tidy and kitchen facility was great, my children loved nice warm indoor heated pool, staff and cleaners were very kind and helpful. The room that I stayed had great park view and sunlight, also my children enjoyed free cartoon movies on big screen TV.
GREAT VALUE overall !!!
If I trip to Hamilton in the future, I'll definitely stay in this motel, and highly recomMend to other travelers with family.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank gtrlover75

Reviewed 17 February 2010

It is a nice motel to stay. I have stayed there several times, and highly recommend to others. They have a spa pool for me to relax, and new huge flat screen TV for my husband to enjoy. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and their cooked breakfast is truly superb. It is great value for money. The owner is very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, pointing out all the great places to visit near Hamilton

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jhon008
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Another great stay at the Fountain City Motel.

The service was top class with friendly staff who always ensure your stay is a pleasurable and an enjoyable experience.

The room was excellent. Mine this trip overlooked the park and was spacious and very comfortable. Always very presentable, clean and tidy with nice decor. The flat screen television is great too!!!

Good locataion close to the Hamilton city shops, cafes. etc and to the Waikato Stadium.

Great place to stay for either business or pleasure. Plenty to enjoy at the Fountain City Motel, its all good.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank SSAN95
Reviewed 21 January 2010

We had a young child with us on our stay an were very pleased at the offer of a portrcot for our room. The rooms were spotless and all the staff very friendly and helpfull.Great value for money i wouldnt stay any where else in hamilton after staying here.Would highly recommend to all.THANKS.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank bubbles023
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Room was cleaned while we were out shopping, my moisturiser 'Olay regenerist (RRP $49.99) was only half full (only had for 3 days and was full). It had been dropped on the floor, nearly slipped over on it. Had been in my makeup bag with lid screwed on so the cleaner must have decided to touch my stuff. When I told the person at reception she said no no no we didn't touch it! Yeah right, it sell out of bag, rolled onto floor, took its own lid off, spilled, then put itself back!! Also we booked a 'family room' ... ONE kingsize bed and a pullout couch, has bunk beds listed in the family deal but there were none... Also very small room for a family room

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
FCMI, Owner at Fountain City Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2010

My name is Amy, I'm the owner of Fountain City Motor Inn. The comments from our guests are very important to us and we respect them, but I’d like to clarify and reply to kharlie-Marie’s claims, as we do not agree with this feedback. It was a statutory holiday when kharlie-Marie was staying with us, and a large number of our staff were on holiday, so my husband and I took on the cleaning. We serviced the room, I cleaned the kitchen and my husband replaced the towels in the bathroom, cleaned the toilet and wiped the floor. While we were cleaning there was nothing out of the ordinary – ie. No accidents, nothing fell or broke – when the floor was wiped down we didn’t see any moisturiser or anything spilled. We’re very sorry about what happened to the moisturiser, but cannot take responsibility for it, as we didn’t touch or see any moisturiser.

We take pride in our motel, it has been around for 40 years, and couldn’t run successfully if we weren’t honest and hardworking. My staff and I would never go through a guests property, and if there were any accidents, they would be reported to the guest and compensated for as soon as possible. We always receive positive feedback from guests about the clean and tidy state of the rooms, and we have a lot of repeated business.

This is the explanation of our family deal as stated on numerous booking sites –

[Your kids will love our Indoor Heated Pool, Spa, Playground, Full HD 42” LCD TV with free hireage of Movies, PS2 & Wii. Rate is based on 2 Adults and 2 Kids (Under 15 years)
Spacious Standard unit with California King bed & a pull out couch makes extra 2 single beds.]

There is no mention of bunks, however there was a clear explanation of the room with photos, and it was at a very reasonable price for a family. The room limit is 4 people, a family of 5 should stay in the 2 bedroom or inter-connecting unit.

Reviewed 15 November 2009

Lovely comfortable motel, well appointed and close to town area. The manager was very helpful and friendly, and nothing a bother. I would recommend the Fountain City Motor Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank CityGirl1728
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Huge stain on carpet, lino coming apart in bathroom, hair in the shower, thin sheet over duvet as a cover, couch under tv on same wall as the mounted tv, no milk, phone didn't work, woken in morning by workman on roof, studio unit... and they called this a One Bedroom Deluxe Room! I don't think so! They were quick to come and replace phone, bring milk and drop price by $10 one night and $20 for the second night. But when you book a Deluxe Room that's what you expect. Don't let the nice photos on their website fool you.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple