“Appearances can be deceiving...”

Bella Vista Motel Hamilton
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Frederick, MD
“Appearances can be deceiving...”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

..but this place is nothing short of great! This motel is pretty unremarkable in appearance and is located in a long strip of nondescript hotels in the lodging district of suburban Hamilton. I made a reservation there because I stayed at the airport Bella Vista in Auckland and felt it was a good hotel for the money. We got a two room unit with kitchenette for my 17 year old daughter and us (50+couple) for USD132 per night. The place was spotless and looked brand new. There were no nicks or dings in the walls and everything we needed was provided. We were able to save a lot by preparing simple meals in the room--there was a gourmet grocery across the street from a warehouse grocery about 1/2 mile away. There was an older man in the office, who I presume was the owner, and he was very helpful with information about the local area. We had planned to move further South to the Waitomo cave area, but ended up staying here because it was worth the drive to stay in a better property. Street noise was not a problem at all, and the heat and cable TV worked well. Hamilton itself is a pleasant town, although there are not any major tourist sites there. We had a car and the property was close to downtown; I cannot say whether it is well served by public transit. All in all, I would recommend this place highly!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed in a studio room for 5 nights on business and enjoyed my stay very much.
My room was quiet and warmed up quickly with the wall heater on, and there was an electric blanket too.
My collegues complained of traffic noise from the road, but my room was furthest from the street and I didnt experience noise.
I ordered the continental breakfast each day and it was great. Parking was abundant and Laundry facilites were very good too. I was able to charge back meals at local restaurants to my room.
The staff were always friendly and went above and beyond with my requests. I would certainly recommend this as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
auckland
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had a good stay in the two bedroom unit, it was very nice and clean with all the usual facilities. Our sleep was disturbed due to a noisy party going on in the motel behind ours which faced our bedroom. This of course can happen anywhere and was in no way the fault of the motel. Location is excellent, very close to the stadium to watch the Warriors lose yet again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Lund
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here during 5 days as part of a businesstrip to the university. Loved it, the service was 5 star, small but fresh and functional breakfast. Slept well and had wonderful 'morningwalks' in the nice (urban) surroundings!
As i mentioned, a short walk from the main street with nice restaurants and bars. Nice casino too! If i return i will definately comeback back!

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I spent 3 nights in this establishment. It was very well appointed, extremely clean and well organised.
I feel that I cannot stress enough the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and management, which, together with the qualities of the motel itself, made my stay in Hamilton an extremely enjoyable one.

Michel Bazin
Mackay, Australia

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Bells Vista consistently good. Stayed at four (Napier, Fox Glacier, Wanaka and Hamilton) and they were all great. There is always a bit of risk in picking motels out of the blue so being able to stay with a well managed chain may seem somewhat mundane to the B&B/hostel crowd but comfort, good sleep are important. This one was no different from the others in terms of quality and comfort.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor. Just fine. Good parking.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We pulled into this hotel after having a great experience at a Bella Vista earlier in the week. Everything turned out great except for when we went to check out, the price was suddenly $130, so much more than we had planned on. Earlier in the week when we had stayed at the Bella Vista near the airport we were told that if we got the Extra "frequent Stayer" card instead of being $99 a night they hotels would be $89. When we had checked in last night we showed the man at the desk that we would be using the card. He said he would just get it from us in the morning. We were shocked when we checked out that he charged us $130 when we were told that it would be $89!! We asked to get the price back down to $89 from what we were told but he said he couldn't do anything about the price because he wasn't the owner......VERY disappointing!! We will not be back there nor recommend anyone else go there!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple