“No exhilaration”

Bella Vista Motel Hamilton
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Location : where other dozens of motels are located, not a far drive from city center, gardens, stadium, grocery store
Front desk : nice man, but nothing out of the ordinary
Rooms : small bedroom, small bathroom, no roof over the balcony/walkway (upstairs), so you can get very wet going to your room, average overall
Free wi-fi, ample parking
Would we go back? I don't think so

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank maramanocent

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Fantastic service, excellently equipped room, with good lighting, heating, a fan, and even an oven! There was heaps of room, and nothing was too much trouble. A pleasant 20 minute walk to many fine restaurants in downtown. Fully recommended!

Room Tip: Room 14 is a huge two-bedroom unit that would be perfect for a family.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dr_Abby
Reviewed 14 July 2013

..but this place is nothing short of great! This motel is pretty unremarkable in appearance and is located in a long strip of nondescript hotels in the lodging district of suburban Hamilton. I made a reservation there because I stayed at the airport Bella Vista in Auckland and felt it was a good hotel for the money. We got a two room unit with kitchenette for my 17 year old daughter and us (50+couple) for USD132 per night. The place was spotless and looked brand new. There were no nicks or dings in the walls and everything we needed was provided. We were able to save a lot by preparing simple meals in the room--there was a gourmet grocery across the street from a warehouse grocery about 1/2 mile away. There was an older man in the office, who I presume was the owner, and he was very helpful with information about the local area. We had planned to move further South to the Waitomo cave area, but ended up staying here because it was worth the drive to stay in a better property. Street noise was not a problem at all, and the heat and cable TV worked well. Hamilton itself is a pleasant town, although there are not any major tourist sites there. We had a car and the property was close to downtown; I cannot say whether it is well served by public transit. All in all, I would recommend this place highly!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed in a studio room for 5 nights on business and enjoyed my stay very much.
My room was quiet and warmed up quickly with the wall heater on, and there was an electric blanket too.
My collegues complained of traffic noise from the road, but my room was furthest from the street and I didnt experience noise.
I ordered the continental breakfast each day and it was great. Parking was abundant and Laundry facilites were very good too. I was able to charge back meals at local restaurants to my room.
The staff were always friendly and went above and beyond with my requests. I would certainly recommend this as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had a good stay in the two bedroom unit, it was very nice and clean with all the usual facilities. Our sleep was disturbed due to a noisy party going on in the motel behind ours which faced our bedroom. This of course can happen anywhere and was in no way the fault of the motel. Location is excellent, very close to the stadium to watch the Warriors lose yet again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed here during 5 days as part of a businesstrip to the university. Loved it, the service was 5 star, small but fresh and functional breakfast. Slept well and had wonderful 'morningwalks' in the nice (urban) surroundings!
As i mentioned, a short walk from the main street with nice restaurants and bars. Nice casino too! If i return i will definately comeback back!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I spent 3 nights in this establishment. It was very well appointed, extremely clean and well organised.
I feel that I cannot stress enough the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and management, which, together with the qualities of the motel itself, made my stay in Hamilton an extremely enjoyable one.

Michel Bazin