“Another favourite”
Review of Gothenburg

Gothenburg
Ranked #2 of 375 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gothenburg serves a great selection of tapas. We focus on having a relaxed atmosphere combined with excellent service. We have a beautiful view of Waikato River from our dining room and outdoor terrace, and are located just a minutes walk from the main street.
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Another favourite”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Always delicious food. Authentic Swedish menu which is very tasty and interesting. Good relaxed vibe to the place.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Great evening lovely tapas and cocktails with great service”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had a big table booked on a busy night, staff were very organised, helpful, delicious tapas promptly served and great drinks selection. .we will be back!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank vixsj
Calgary, Canada
“Unique entrees”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Well I found Gothenburg from looking on tripadvisor and decided to give it a shot based on other reviews. It was excellent. Great food, great beer. In fact the food was so great I order a second entree, which is something I never do. I like how the Chef combined different foods in order to come up with unique creations, the standout for me was a calamari stuff with chorizo sausage. The portions are a bit small, by North American standards, but filling nonetheless, and this restaurant is recommended for sure. Wish they had a place in Calgary, Canada.

• Visited March 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is the third time I have been to Gothenburg, the staff always look they enjoy their work environment which is great to see, heaps of smiles and laughs, all staff know the menu very well and it is awesome to be served by the owner who is amaizing.

I had the pork belly, chicken skewer and calamari tapas, really did not need them all but wanted all the flavours and really happy I did, also got some bacon popcorn, I know it is not good for me but it is hard not to keep eating it!

For the three tapas it was about the same price as ordering 1 main and I was just as full if not more but I was able to try all the different flavours.
Was not too fussed on dessert, but the reast was amaizing
Well done guys, it is always and enjoyable environment and great tapas

• Visited May 2013
France
“Great food, super staff”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We've had a number of excellent visits to Gothenburg. The coffee is always great, and the staff are very helpful and competent. I've tried a few tapas, they arrive quickly with beautiful presentation, and fantastic flavours and textures. A favourite was the avocado panna cotta. Will definitely visit this place again when we're in Hamilton next.

• Visited February 2013
bloxy14, Owner at Gothenburg, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Avocado season is too short. We love that dish!