“Friendly staff, great location”

Anglesea Motel & Conference Centre
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Lovely clean room, a lot bigger than other places I have stayed. The bed was comfortable and they have Super friendly staff. Loved the spa bath and the fact that it was so close to town. Having use of the gym was an added bonus. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014
AngleseaMotel, Front Office Manager at Anglesea Motel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review we look forward to having you stay with us on yourt next trip to Hamilton

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Having now enjoyed a long stay on business in Hamilton I was very happy with my time here. The room was clean and serviced to a high standard daily and I found all staff and management helpful, friendly and ever willing to help out where possible. The wireless internet facilities and central location made for a very convenient stay. The location also made it very easy to shop and eat.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014

very nice and friendly staff which granted a late checkout and stored our bags, nice quiet room with a lot of space for our little one, nice whirlpool, well located not too far from centre, price very competitive and good value for money!

Room Tip: all rooms are nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Motel rooms were dated and very tired needed a general over-haul. Dishes were dirty in the cupboards, wine glasses and coffee mugs stained with lipstick. Manager was not overly helpful and we had to ask for our free welcome drink and he said he only gave them to people he liked. The only positive I can find is the water pressure in the shower was fantastic. We had a large family get together and had the opportunity to view several rooms all which appeared sub-standard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank miskel
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We (myself, husband, 13yr daughter and 13yr friend) had been on holiday staying in Matamata (Hobbiton), Tauranga and around the Waikato region for a few days and really needed a quiet day to relax and recharge before setting off again.
I rang the Anglesea from our lunch stop at Cambridge to see if they had a room/rooms which might accommodate us at short notice. I spoke to a very friendly lady who advised they had a 2bdr apartment which would give us the space we required.

When we arrived later that afternoon the same lady was in reception and advised she had upgraded us to a 3bdr townhouse as she thought we really might like the extra space. She was so right, it was a thoughtful gesture which we appreciated very much. The kids were great to travel with but at some point we all need some time to ourselves! We were given complimentary drinks on arrival too, a cold beer, cold mini wine, and two juices for the girls.

The apartment was very big, main bedroom was large and had its own ensuite. The kitchen was well equipped, with a separate dining area. The unique wallpaper in the dining area was gorgeous, very clever.

The lounge was nice and big with a good sized balcony (overlooking the stadium). It was a warm evening so we had the doors open right till bedtime, we had absolutely no 'boyracer' noise. There was a large projector tv screen on the lounge wall so we all snuggled down on the couches and watched the Skytv movie which just happened to be The Hobbit! The girls squealed each time they saw somewhere they'd been standing just hours before.

The remaining two bedrooms were well furnished but the girls chose to share which is interesting as they'd been very ready for separate rooms just minutes before checking in. Just shows what a bit of space and relaxation can do.

We didn't use the breakfast menu but there was a good choice of items. It was also handy having the supermarket across the road for our dinner the previous night. We just bought bits and pieces and had a very pleasant platter dinner whilst watching the movie.

We left around 9am the next morning however I would have been happy to stay here longer. The bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas were all very well maintained and spotless.
Should we find ourselves in Hamilton again we would definitely choose to stay here first.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Location: close to the motorway 1, at walking distance from the stadium and Cole's grocery store, everything was clean but the building has an old feeling about it
Front desk: very kind and helping gentleman
Rooms : large, well equipped kitchenette, king beds available, good heater, oldish TV, everything clean
Free wi-fi, plenty of parking spaces
Would we go back? Considering the numerous other motels in Hamilton, we would try another one (and actually we did)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'm not going to go into all the details, but staying here was a nightmare. Firstly they had no record of my booking, even though I had email confirmation.They sent me to 3 rooms before they found me a room, all of which had broken locks. The final room I was told "should" be vacant, but if someone was in there I should come back to reception!? What kind of pathetic operation is this? I then made the hotelier walk me to the room, as I didn't want to be the one disturbing a sleeping guest. This was at 9 pm after walking the length of the grounds, with luggage, several times. I was angry to say the least. I certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a working lock! But I wouldn't stay here...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business