“Smart, pristine & great service - cant do better!”

Quality Hotel The Ambassador
Ranked #28 of 62 Hotels in Hamilton
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Smart, pristine & great service - cant do better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great value - an unexpected surprise, very high quality and oh-so-clean. Five stars - I'll come again.
I think recently refurbished, my suite was ENORMOUS - more like a small self-catering flat. My bathroom was bigger than some hotel rooms I've experienced!
Tastefully decorated and furnished, felt very high quality throughout, kitchen was neat with everything you could want. Was warm & inviting when I arrived on a cold Winter day.
Although close to busy roads the rooms were very quiet - I couldnt hear next door rooms at all and no traffic noise. Good thick drapes so no streetlights shining through at night.
Best of all the staff were really helpful and friendly - not always something you expect in a motel setting.

Garage clean and well lit and well appointed conference room at the Clarion next door which I was able to use ad hoc for a brief meeting.

Liked that it was really close to supermarket and petrol station - makes life easy when you're on a road trip.

Points for improvement (admittedly not many!) - front door security card system you need to have the right 'knack' - staff were really helpful showing how to use so it was OK. Lighting in garage could stay on overnight - as a single woman travelling alone I prefer areas like this to be well lit.

Room Tip: All rooms would be excellent based on my experience
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us! We appreciate all feedback and glad that you had a enjoyable time and were able to make the most of your time in Hamilton!

We look forward to having you back again in the future!

Kind regards
Rawinia Putt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Invercargill, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Throughly enjoyed my stay thanks to Josh on reception even managed to get a coffee in The Cube Cafe when we were leaving, Will you make a great coffee. After traveling around for the past few weeks it was nice to relax and unwind in a clean and comfortable room. All we were after was a nice comfy bed and we certainly got that. Will be back again

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hi Nicole,

Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate your time out to do it.

We are glad that you had a brilliant stay. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to my team, we pride ourselves in outstanding service!

Thanks again, we look forward to having you stay if you are back up here again in the future.

Kind regards

Rotorua, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at the new Clarion suites last week for two nights. Beautiful spacious rooms with full kitchen facilities made you feel at home. Very good friendly service. ..will be staying again :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Kentskellern,

Thanks for your feedback - we appreciate your time!

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion, we hope it was restful and a nice break for you!

Visit us again soon!

Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was in Hamilton to watch the Chiefs beat the Hurricanes and I was offered an upgrade to the new Clarion Suites, a recent addition to the Quality Hotel Ambassador. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, warm and cosy. Really worth an upgrade next time your in Hamilton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi Don M,

Thanks for taking the time out to give us some feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion and we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon!

Kind regards,

Piopio, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I held a baby shower at the Ambassador's Cube Lounge last weekend and the whole experience was fantastic. The communication with Wil prior to the occasion was great, on the day his Staff were so helpful, happy and nothing was a problem. Definitely above and beyond! We had a hi-tea and the food and tea was amazing. One guest commented it was superior to the Chateaus Hi-Tea that she had been to recently. The venue was perfect for our group. Warm, welcoming and homely atmosphere, lots of natural light, modern, clean and professional. Facilities were clean with all the extra little touches that make a difference. Thank you all so much for making our day so relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: If organising a function etc maybe give the guests directions as it appeared to be hard to find, may...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hi PPLisa!

Thanks so much for your great feedback!! We were pleased to have you here with us and glad that everyone had a great time at the Baby Shower - it was a pleasure to have you here!

The Cube Lounge is a fantastic venue that we are very proud of and glad it was a great space for your event. It is quite versatile and we a proud to say we can cater to any event and hope that we will be considered for any thing in the future!

I'm pleased to get feedback on our team and will most certainly pass on your thanks and congratulations Will and the team in the cafe.

Thank you again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying here on a recent visit to Hamilton for work. I remember staying here a few years ago and seeing the changes here was amazing! The place has had a makeover in recent times and it has brought this old gem into the 21st century. I stayed in a lovely room in the top of the tower overlooking the swimming pool. The bed was beautiful, the linen crisp and carpets clean and the bathroom immaculate! Such pride is obviously taken in the presentation of the rooms, and after running into a lovely housekeeper in the hallway this was evident. She was more than happy to grab me an extra towel and for me, and even added a couple of extra tea sachets for me after seeing I enjoyed it so much!

The welcome I received was amazing. The young lad on the desk Josh went above and beyond, welcoming me like I was royalty, accommodating me at short notice, and assisting my in getting some faxes sent for a report I needed to get back to my office. He was clearly busy with other guests at the time but I noticed he took care of each and everyone of us who had bombarded him at the time with courteous, and personal service and by the reaction of all the guests, some of whom who looked like they were clearly frustrated by their day, they all appreciated it with the smiles and kind words they left with - well done young man, your experience and professionalism shines and your passion for your work is obvious.

I had a delicious experience in the cafe, with an outstanding breakfast and the coffee was to die for!

Upon departure, I was greeted by the young woman who is in charge of this operation. What a delight. We got talking, business, news, kids, family, everything was personable and I was taken on a tour of the new hotel that has been completed which is amazing in its own right. I'm looking forward to staying there on my next visit.

Thanks for a brilliant stay - keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Request the tower, the higher floors facing the pool offer a bit more quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi jsan56,

Thank you so much for your great feedback on your stay with us! We value all feedback that we get and just love to see stories like yours!

I'm glad that you got to experience all that we have to offer here, we do try to accommodate each and every guest and request that have, and do our utmost to ensure a pleasant stay.

Our guests are our number one priority being in a customer service industry, and we take pride in offering personal, attentive service!!

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Kind regards,
Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Three of us stayed recently for a business trip.Although there was traffic noise early on this hotel was quiet enough to sleep well. We had a one bedroom unit in which the beds were well spaced.The staff member we dealt with was friendly and accommodating. As we weren't comfortable driving in Hamilto it wasgreat to be able to leave our car here for the day after we'd checked out, and then walk to our business venue.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hi Ladybug!

Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us - we appreciate your feedback!

I am pleased that you were accommodated well and enjoyed your stay and got a good nights rest. Our location is definitely a high point with proximity to major CBD locations within walking distance, it takes the hassle out of driving in a new town and finding a park!

Thanks once again, we look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.

All the best,