Sudima Hotel Hamilton
Ibis Hamilton Tainui(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$91
US$111
US$108
Orbitz.com
All reviewsduty managerfree on site parkinggreat positionsuperior roomcentral locationlast minute bookingbudget hotelfree wifibed linencentre of townoff street parkingnight staycentral hamiltonpleasant stayshort staypariodour
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.
We booked a twin room which was very small, the bathroom was very nice.
The car was parked for us and when we left the reception clerk went and got the car for us.
We went to the chinese restaurant next door and got some take away……not very nice so I suggest don't go there. But that was oohing to do with the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We booked this as a romantic night for two, with the addition of a bottle of bubbles and chocolates.
Parking and reception where ok and the staff very friendly
Then it all went downhill.
When we booked we had requested a highest floor possible away from the lifts, we where given a lowest floor right next to lift, they did change this when we pointed it out.
The room was ok, but the fridge was growing its own penicillin and was more like a science project. Maybe this was needed as the drains in the bathroom were emitting a very nasty odor. The fridge was cleaned promptly on request.
then the bubbles and chocolates, to complete the romantic package arrived, the bubble fine usual Lindaure didn't expect more so all good, but the chocolates, was two Mars bars, lol, hardly romantic chocolates in either of our books.
Then when we came to go to bed, I can forgive the sheets being a little crinkled but these looked as if they had been slept in and just pulled straight.
Basic hotel not really worth the $140 a night, if it had been under $100 it may have got a better review.
Thankfully the restaurant we went to , see earlier review made up for all of these issues.

Room Tip: Dont do it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Excellent friendly service from the moment we walked in late in the evening to make a last minute booking. The duty manager took care of all our needs. After visiting family we came back to ask if they knew of anywhere to purchase food( very late and a public holiday) the duty manager on was extremely helpful and googled all places near by. Our room was clean and modern, small but fine for what we needed, spacious bathroom with lovely amenities. Air conditioner was stuck on cold and we had to climb up and turn it off not sure why remote wouldn't work. Overall 10/10 for customer service and room and excellent location.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed at.

THE SMELL: We parked in their car park behind the hotel, which reeked of old beer. After checking in, we stepped into the stairwell, and it smelled stale, like a room that has been completely closed up for the past year. When we then stepped into our corridor, it stunk of smoke really bad. We then found our room, stepped in, and we were back to the stale stench.

THE ROOM: I realise hotel rooms have to be compact, but the size of the bathroom was ridiculously small, and felt unclean. I didn't feel comfortable using the toilet or drinking the bathroom tap water. The walls between our room and all surrounding rooms were paper-thin. The people next door talked incessantly all night, and we heard them very clearly. All night. Though, they were Asian, so we had no idea what they were saying. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. We both woke up with very sore backs and necks. The window also did very little to keep sound out, so could constantly hear traffic noises outside, as well as people in town. When we woke up, I just wanted to get out of there, so had a very early check-out of about 7am.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: When on our way to check-out, I decided that when the concierge asked if we had enjoyed our stay, I would reply, "It was not what I expected, and I would not recommend it." However, he did not ask if we had enjoyed our stay. That was a first for me. Very poor customer service.

In a nut shell - I would never stay at The Sudima Hamilton again, and recommend that people stay away from it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed with a tour group from my university about one week ago. The rooms were faultless - large tidy and well maintained.

However, the group were met with the ultimate distrust by staff. There were approximately 150 of us staying at the hotel and we had booked out pretty much the entire floor. As you would expect being in a large group people would want to talk to each other. As soon as more than 2 people were in any one of the standard rooms at any one time we were told to leave. And again, the moment any of us had more than one other person in the room the management would come knocking at the door and/or calling multiple times insisting that we leave. When we ventured into the hallway the management were demanding to know our room numbers.

Despite the lovely rooms I have never felt so unwelcome or uncomfortable as I did on that occasion. While I appreciate with hosting that many students the management may be uncomfortable about alcohol and/or parties however no noise was being made, as far as i'm aware no damage was done so there was no reason for such hostility. The management i'm sure knew what they were getting themselves into when agreeing to have that many students there.

Not too mention - later in the evening I was one of a few people quietly talking in the hallway and was imperatively told to go to bed!

While Sudima could be a nice play to stay unfortunately therefore I cannot rate it as highly as it would have scored.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends