“So comfortable”
Review of Astra Motor Lodge

Astra Motor Lodge
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had a lovely 2 day stay at this new motel in auckland as were visiting friends. We couldn't have asked for more. Really clean. Lovely and spacious so my daughter could run around, unlike other hotels we stayed in. Lovely Spa bath which i used, was delightful. The beds? They are TO DO for!!! such a comfortable stay and such lovely owners. I wouldn't look anywhere else if you were needing a place to stay in Hamilton.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BronnyP, Owner at Astra Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi Umbreen,

Many thanks for your review, much appreciated.

The deluxe 1 bedroom Apartment is a great room with space, extra large shower and of course that spa bath. It gives you that extra space as mentioned so that beautiful little girl of yours could run around. We really enjoyed having you and you family staying with us at the Astra Motor Lodge and look forward to seeing you all again next time you are in Hamilton.

Take Care

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed at the Astra Motor Lodge as a result of a recommendation. The recommendation did not fall short. Not only does the Motor Lodge provide excellent accommodation, "The Personnel Touch" provided by Bronny & Steve was exceptional. Upon leaving the Motor Lodge I left behind personnel medication (much to my embarrassment). Bronny tried to contact me that day however was unsuccessful and I did not become aware of the situation until the next day.
When I became aware of the situation and contacted Bronny the support was exceptional; Bronny & Steve arranged a courier to get my medication to me in Auckland - I received my medication that day.
How do you rate a Motor Lodge in a situation such as this - "The Personal Touch".

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your lovely review. Many guests leave the odd item behind so it is as important for us to make sure you get these as quick as possible. It is just one of many personal touches that we go out of our way to provide. It was great meeting you and the word is getting out there that the Astra Motor Lodge is the place to stay. We really appreciate our guests spreading the word.

We look forward to catching up next time you are in Hamilton.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Staying in this motel for my first two weeks in New Zealand was the best I could wish for after a long travel from Holland and having to find my way in Hamilton. From the moment I walked in Bronny and Steven were very hostile, friendly and helpful. Room and service were more than perfect too, but it's the owners that make this motel such an amazing place to stay! Coming to Hamilton to work for a year as a doctor and not knowing anybody at arrival, these two people became my surrogate home. I'm so thankful for everything they've done for me! Even after being exactly 6 months in NZ now, I still feel welcome at their place:-)
I can strongly recommend this motel!
Thank you Bronny and Steven!
Kind regards,
Charlotte

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BronnyP, Owner at Astra Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Hi Charlotte,
Many thanks for your kind words. That old saying that guests arrive as strangers and leave as friends certainly sits firmly with the Astra Motor Lodge as we strive to provide a service that makes your stay a great experience. We feel extremely lucky to have had meet you and to have you as part of the Astra family. We look forward to you popping in when ever you are passing by and continue to provide you with all our support while you are in NZ.

Take care

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Thanks Astra Motor Lodge for making our stay so wonderful. After a very long journey of 16 hours it was so nice to find a motel with great hospitality and service. The room was perfect. Lovely and clean, well equipped, quiet and definitely well priced. The bed and the shower, WOW, just awesome. Would highly recommend this motor lodge to anyone and we will be back for sure!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BronnyP, Owner at Astra Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your lovely review. A 16 Hour journey certainly takes its toll so to be able to provide all those wonderful comforts was our pleasure. We look forward to having you back at the Astra Motor Lodge to enjoy those beds and large showers but please take a shorter route to get here.

Take care,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here because of it's location and was pleasantly surprised with the excellent service I received. Nothing was too much for them to provide and I found them very friendly. Even though it is on a main road, I did not hear traffic noises unless there was an open door or window. They even went and got my dinner from a nearby restaurant for me. Should be more places like this around the country. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BronnyP, Owner at Astra Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Hi Kiwi bloke,

It great meeting you and was our pleasure to provide you with our friendly hassle free service to make your stay an enjoyable one. Picking up dinners, dropping off guests and picking up again if required are some of the small things that the Astra Motor Lodge provide to make your stay memorable.

We both look forward to catching up again next time you are in Hamilton.

Regards

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My sister and I stayed here this week, while our mother was in Waikato Hospital. We picked the Astra simply because it was so close to the hospital (8 minutes walk) but we stumbled on a gem. Bronny was kindness personified from the very first contact and made everything as simple as possible. There was practical assistance (a shuttle to the hospital available and advice about eateries nearby) and lovely thoughtfulness (offering my frazzled sister coffee and shortbread when she staggered back to the motel for a rest).
It probably should have come as no surprise to us that when we raved to the hospital social worker about the Astra, she told us the hospital staff have had only positive feedback from everyone they know to have stayed with Bronny and Steve.
While especially suitable for people needing to use the hospital, this would be a great option for any travelers. The units are new, modern, spacious and of a high standard. Very importantly despite being close to a main road, noise was no issue at all because of the quality of the construction.
Chose the Astra - you won't be disappointed.

Hi Lily,

Thank you so much for this lovely review. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write these kind words. The freshly ground coffee and homemade shortbread certainly hits the spot more so when under a little pressure.
We really enjoyed providing you and your sister with an environment that was hassle free and relaxing under the circumstances you were in.
We both hope your next visit to the Astra Motor Lodge will be in better circumstances and remember that the coffee and shortbread will still be fresh.

Take care

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Owing to its proximity to Waikato Hospital and pending surgery for my husband, I chose to stay at the Astra as a result of previous experience of their excellent service, facilities and their ultra friendly and dedicated customer focus. I can thoroughly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a home away from home environment. Bronny and Steve were outstanding hosts.

Room Tip: While there isn't a restaurant attached to the Astra, on the day my husband was discharged from...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Rosie, wonderful to hear from you. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. When we have guests like yourselves staying for a long period, it is nice to think we can make it as hassle free as we can. We both enjoy entertaining and mixing with the guests when we can. Look forward to seeing you both again when next in Hamilton.

Regards Bronny and Steven