Microtel Backpackers Hamilton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$76
  • Pool
US$103
US$86
Agoda.com
    Ulster Lodge Motel(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
    US$74
    US$88
    US$76
    Agoda.com
    Lake Point Motel(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
    US$82
    US$71
    US$93
    US$86
    Stadium Motel(Hamilton)
    US$95
    US$85
    Hotels.com
    Asure Barclay Motel(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    US$85
    Priceline
    US$71
    US$70
    US$68
    Travelocity
    All reviewspak n savespent two nightscomfortable bedhosteltoilettvlaundry
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 13 September 2011

I was only in Hamilton for one night as a stop-over between desitinations and thought "How bad can it be?" Haha, oh it can be very bad!

The guy at reception was nice and even carried my bag when showing me to my room, but after that it was just dismal. My room (a single with a bathroom shared with one other which was not occupied) was about the size of the cells at the Old Melbourne Gaol and was very dirty. The bottom sheet had hairs on it and the floor didn't look to have been vaccuumed in a month. I resorted to caccooning myself in the clean top sheet to sleep, luckily it wasn't a cold night.

The kitchen was disguting. I used only the microwave and even that was a stretch for me; I stuck to eating with my own camping utensils.

Do not stay here unless you're a unhygienic slob yourself.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
    Reviewed 8 December 2010

We had a group staying for one night in Hamilton.
    Rooms were basic and clean, thats all we needed. so perfect for us.
    Microlet was in a great location, but we got no sleep due to the noise. People came and went throughout the night, every movement and converstaion was heard!
    Rooms advertised as air conditioned - Completely untrue. We had to open the main door to get any air in.

Would recommend if you staying one night for a stopover, but not long term, or if you want to get any sleep!

• Stayed: December 2010
    Reviewed 7 December 2010

we arrived microtel around 10pm, the stuff was friendly. there were people partying at the back yard. luckily they went away pretty soon. we stayed in a double room, it was pretty clean (not for hotel quality, but good enough for the money i've paid). shampoo and soap were provided. the water quality was really nice. the TV in our room was not working probably but we had a good night sleep.
    it;s recommended by us i think, at least you can have a good sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank rayg50
    Reviewed 22 September 2010

After reading the last review thought better add a review as I felt it was a great place to stay was there for 4 nights and my linen was clean fresh, rooms were serviced daily the staff were helpful, friendly and funny.

The rooms are small but have everything I need and that didn't put me off as it is a modern hostel with good lounge. Hostel has just had a major refurbishment and is looking good, nice and vibrant.

I'd recomend it thanks microtel for the good stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 24 August 2010

It was a major disappointment. The room was as small as 3 square meter. all the beddings were dusty, stinky, dirty, and totally disgusting. the corridor was narrow and dirty with construction material left on the ground. There was no heater in the room and when I asked for one, the staff said not all the rooms have heater. We stayed for 3 nights there was no single change of any thing (sheets, rubbish, ...) . The staff couldn't even confirm my reservaion so he asked me to login to my personal email address and show him the confirmation email I received from YHA (Youth Hostel Association).
    The room was so dusty that I gut sick and couldn't breath.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business