“Great facilities, highly recommend”

Quantum Lodge Motor Inn
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We stayed two nights here for a wedding. Bridesmaids shared suite on first night, then two bridesmaids and husbands stayed on the 2nd night.

We had a two bedroom suite, with massive beds and bedrooms and a huge joint bathroom upstairs, a large lounge with two fold out couches, 2nd bathroom (with shower), full kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, etc) and spa pool downstairs. The water pressure in both showers was amazing. Very new, fresh interior design.

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Loads of parking. Motel was quite far out of the central city (right opposite the base shopping centre at Te Rapa), but it was perfect for where we needed to be, plus the bride's family basically took over half the hotel, so was great for that.

We also saw the studio rooms, and were impressed with the size of these rooms too.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 January 2010

We have stayed in foru lots of motels and hotels this summer and this place, which is 5 stars, has to be the best for value. We stayed at a 4 star hotel that was not as luxurious as this place. It is totally value for money. $140 room got us so much more than an over priced campsite in Paihia. i totally recommend this place for anyone to stay for a couple of nights. it is just down the road from the base which is like a mega shopping centre, Te Rapa pools and it is easy to find.
Oh, and i recommend using the shower! three jets. awesome. I wish we had found this place first. i would have stayed so much longer.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2009

We went to Hamilton to stay with our good friends. We chose this hotel because it was so spacious and had great reviews on Trip Advisor. We were taken aback when we arrived as the woman who checked us in didn't even speak a word and expected me to know what she wanted me to do (which was follow her to the office). I am big on customer service and first impressions and I was not impressed by this.

Luckily the room made up for the customer service as it was spacious, clean and perfect for a family with kids. There was a full kitchen, so it was great to be able to cook our meals and eat in once in a while.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank berlydallas
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I stayed here for 6 nights in May of this year and received a warm welcome with excellent and friendly service throughout my stay. Room was large and well furnished with very comfortable bed and even electric blankets. Bathroom was superb and the small kitchenette had everything I needed.
Will be staying again with my daughter in August.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2009

I booked a room at Quantum Lodge based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and really looked forward to it. I received confirmation of my booking a full three weeks ahead of my trip to Hamilton. A day or two before we were due to stay there, they rang my PA to tell me that there were no longer any rooms available. No reason, just no room at the inn! As a frequent traveller with a large sales and marketing team, they have just missed out on at least 40 bookings this year. I've never been so taken aback. I stayed elsewhere and it was very pleasant. Unbelievably bad service and they don't deserve my business.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank 247Travel
Reviewed 3 August 2008

We stayed here during our 2008 tour of New Zealand. It was coming to the end of the tour and as we had been on a very tight budget staying in hostels and backpackers we gave ourselves a treat and were not disappointed.

The motel is a little way out of the city but we found it without to much trouble. It is 5 star accomodation and we had no complaints. As expected it was immaculatly clean with everything of the highest standard. We even saw a sporting celebrity staying here.

Our studio had a large TV, SKY, DVD player, sofas, a huge bed, mini kitchen with fridge, microwave, etc and a very impresive bathroom.

Only one moan. They dont have WIFI. In a place like this I thought it would be included.

The motel offers breakfast in your room. We went for the full English breakfast which was huge and at only NZ$16 was very reasonable.

Overall. Excellent!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 June 2008

This is without doubt the best motel I have stayed at. Immaculate presentation, very clean and all the facilities needed. I was in a 'disabled' room (813) which was very large (my colleagues room (802) was slightly smaller, but still spacious). It is far enough off the main highway for road noise not to be an issue. Tasty breakfasts available - and better than what most motels offer.

There is only one downside, it is 3km from the city centre - so a car is needed to get to restaurants etc. Nothing really of interest in the vicinity. However, it is nicely placed for the nothern expansion of the city which is happening.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)