“Great place to stay in Napier”
Review of The Nautilus

The Nautilus
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Napier
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I overnight in Napier often for business and have stayed at the Nautilus often - rooms are very clean, well equipped and situated in excellent location on marine parade.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best view of the sea
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Lovely room on the third floor overlooking the ocean. Amazing double spa in the bedroom. Great balcony which would be amazing in the summer. Everything was very clean and comfortable. Small kitchenette if you would like to cater for yourself. Our meal in the restaurant was excellent with very friendly service. We only stayed one night and wish it had been more. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary so decided to go to Napier to stay a night. Checked in by pleasant staff an room was on the 3rd floor with a great view of ocean and a spa bath in the room which we really enjoyed . Yummy breakfast the next morning and the man who served us was so nice. Only complaint was the wireless signal- the only place I got coverage was sitting on the toilet in the bathroom as signal is not that strong in bedroom but considering it was free I wasn't going to moan!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenona
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My friend and I wanted a relaxing weekend away so we chose Napier. We booked a room and upon arrival were greeted by friendly staff. Our room was beautiful, with amazing views of the ocean across the road, a flat screen tv, comfy beds and real milk for our tea. We left the car parked as it is only a short walk beside the beach to town. The reception staff were knowledgable about town and the surrounding districts.
A great getaway, and will be back again!

Room Tip: top floor studio is a winner
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been staying with John & Kay and the team at the Nautilus for over 3 years now it's like a home away from home.I always arrive to smiling faces and friendly banter which is very refreshing. The rooms are always clean tidy and decked out with all you could ask for. They have a fantastic restaurant and beautiful views of New Zealand's east coast. If you get the chance check this place out Lovely people great rooms and breathtaking sunsets.

Room Tip: Fantastic Ocean views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Not having visited Napier for some years I was not that familiar with the Accomidation options.

I must say that I was very happy with my choice. I booked an Executive Suite and with hindsight this was the right move. Check in was a breeze. Friendly reception. One great thing was that this property actually supplies real milk to each room. I am so sick of UHT potels or worse still Creamer powder (America,take note!).

My room was spacious and ver well presented. Having a separate bedroom gave a lot of living room. A full size spa pool adjoining the bedroom was fantastic.

I dd not eat in the restaurant that evening but I did have breakfast te following morning. Average food, but quite acceptable.

I will be back!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Excellent location on Marine Parade, walking distance to Napier town centre. Although Marine Parade is a main road it is extremely quiet at night. Great view of the ocean and glorious sunrises. Clean, tidy, all expected amenities. Has an attached restaurant but I didn't use it. Slightly bizarre to have a spa bath in the main living area but I rather enjoyed sitting in it and watching TV. Cheap easy internet connection, complimentary newspaper on request. The elevator to the 3rd floor, where I was, is for luggage only. This was no problem for me but may be to some. This is a good example of a fairly standard type motel.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem book a ground floor unit.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo