“Tasty food”

Ranked #58 of 222 Restaurants in Napier
Price range: US$12 - US$16
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Most Award Thai Restaurant in Napier - The Thai Chef's restaurant was awarded "Thai Select" PREMIUM by the Thai Prime Minister H.E. Yingluck Shinawatra on March 24, 2013 in recognition of their high quality and authenticity of Royal Thai Cuisine. Now you be the Judge.....Deliveries & TakeoutsFully licensed.Lunch Tuesday to FridayDinner 7 nights
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious meals! Nice to have different Thai options than the standard Thai restaurant. Would definitely return! :)

1  Thank Grace B

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I always try to have a meal from Thai Chef when I'm in Napier. I used to be a local and went here often. The food is always yummy and the staff are lovely. There's lots of good choices on the menu, with a helpful guide to heat for the nervous diner.It's great to see how this business has grown from a little caravan on the side of the road.

1  Thank Alicyclo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We saw this Thai restaurant while driving from Napier to Taradale and decided to try it out for dinner. It turned out to be a good decision. The food was excellent and service great. Price was reasonable too. The only thing I didn't like was the menu. It was very cluttered and the names of the dishes are quirly at best.

1  Thank Ace_Traveller_NZ
Reviewed 28 May 2014

because i have been there.
my family has been there.
i know the owners and staff.
and used to live right behind it.

1  Thank MaxNeumegen
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Have been going here intermittently over several years, and the food is always excellent, with a great menu selection.
On the takeaway side these guys are always prompt and the food is fresh.
However the restaurant service has slipped over the years, particularly for larger groups. Some of the staff are friendly but there is sadly a lack of attentiveness - the basics are missed, like taking drink orders early and regularly (and for the group all at once) and delivering drinks to the table in a timely manner (wait an hour for a drink after chasing it up in between?). Basically if you don't work hard to grab their attention you don't get. Almost as if some in your group have byo then it is assumed that no one else wants drinks from the menu. I am sure the restaurant is missing serious cash here. Also other simple things like clearing plates promptly and methodically, offering desserts etc they don't seem to have it flowing.
Maybe it is because the last few times I have been it is part of a larger group, but this is a chance for the restaurant to shine, and make an impression to a lot of locals,, not ignore them.
I hope next time I go here the service has sharpened for the meal price you pay.

NattachaiChang, Owner at Thai Chef's Restaurant Napier, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi Jodi

Thank you for your comment and I will look at this more in dept.
the night that you were in , we had all big group parties in the restaurant at the same time e.g. 20 pp 15pp and all up over 100pp it will therefore delay in service as we were trying to finish one table at a time. We were trying hard to give our best service for every table but we just could not do all at the same time.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer you my personally apologies and hopefully we can provide you a better service next time.

Regards,