“Great location, spacious room”

Beach Front Motel Napier
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Napier
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location, spacious room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at Beach Front Motel in Napier for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom, beach front room. We booked the 2 bedroom as all the other rooms were booked out.
The apartment was massive and had a fantastic view.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becstar107

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Perfect location as we walked for coffees and dinner at night. The downstairs room had a beautiful view. The spa in the room was great. We cooked and ate outside the room on our little grass area. Great place to base yourself while in Napier and GREAT value for money.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karlene H
Palmerston North, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great hotel, owners were very lovely and Was always happy to help with anything. We stayed upstairs and had a very nice view. room was a good size and very nice, tub was amazing. hotel is just a walk away from everything which worked out well for us. very clean hotel room, good parking. thank you so much for having us we will be returning again for sure!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights whilst travelling around the North Island and was very comfortable. On check-in, I asked if a wineries tour could be recommended (a must if you're in Hawke's Bay) and I was booked onto one right away. The rooms are spacious and well-equipped, and the hot tub is a great treat. I had to give mine a quick rinse out before using it though. The internet Wi-Fi signal was non-existent in my first floor room, so I didn't bother purchasing it. This was the only motel on the whole trip that charged for internet. On the whole, a comfortable place to stay with clean beds and friendly, helpful staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom, downstairs unit. One queen room, a two singles room and a single bed in the living room. Plenty of space for three singles travelling together. The location was ideal as we were able to walk into the CBD, the iSite and the National Aquarium. Across the road was the beachfront with a great view.
The hosts were polite and nothing was too much trouble for them despite being asked numerous questions!
Would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Been a while since we stayed here last time.
Room very tidy.
Everything you need for the night.
Comfortable bed.
Spa bath.
Bathroom a bit small but shower very nice.
1st floor has good view of the beach from your balcony.
Good parking.
Good reception.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in March. Our room was nice enough although I did find a few stray hairs in the bed when I pulled back the covers for the first time (I always check beds for bugs/crumbs when I stay anywhere!). Also when I used the in room spa bath/pool after I had filled it, there was quite a few things in the water. I thought perhaps the debris might have come out of the jets. So I emptied it and refilled it. It was fine after that. The bed was comfy and the layout of the room was nice. Unfortunately whenever I had a shower I flooded the bathroom floor as the water pressure was quite strong and the shower curtain kept snaking around my legs so I didn't end up using the curtain as it was cold and yuck on my legs.

Also the steel staircase outside is noisy when it is used. Clang clang clang as people go up and down. And you hear noise if you stay on the bottom floor rooms. I probably wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room if you can help it. The noise from upper two levels is noticeable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wellybaby86
94Manager, Manager at Beach Front Motel Napier, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your feed back. We regret that we were not given the opportunity to discuss these matters with you during your stay. We always welcome any comments that enable us to improve our guests stay.
Our linen is washed and pressed by a commercial laundry that services a great number of motels and hotels.
We are particular with our spa baths and each is treated with a spa solution on a regular basis as recommended by the manufacture.
Every guest is important to us and we work hard to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.