“A favourite since 2002”

Ranked #27 of 206 Restaurants in Napier
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Extensive Breakfast and Lunch Menu. Wide range of healthy sandwich and salad options. Dedicated children's menu. Toilet facilities on premises. Baby change table in bathroom. Six (6) baby highchairs available. Disabled access. Bookings welcome. Catering available.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When I had an office in town I hardly missed a day. Great strong coffee but made to your taste. Joel the French chef is great, from breakfast until afternoon tea, from Lambs fry & Bacon to a Seafood Chowder to die for and right in the middle of town, close to good parking.
If Joel is on duty, see if he'll do a Beef Bolognaise.

There are newer reviews for Cafe DMP

Reviewed 4 April 2014

When we are in Napier we wouldn't miss a chance to pop into Cafe DMP. The staff are always friendly and the food and coffee great. Love the wide selection available....all freshly baked. Tho we can't seem to go past the seafood chowder! Notice they have renovated lately and love the new look. Don't miss it if you have a chance!

1  Thank Joy C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am a local ..and have been eating at Cafe DMP for the last 10 years.. on an average twice a week.... Since Mince on Toast has been placed on the menu this has been my favorite meal....yes even in the summer time..from time to time I have asked them to curry the mince for me...one particular seating when four or more of us meet for lunch ...we all ordered the same meal
I hope the keep it on for the coming winter months....another meal I have quite regularly is
CURRIED RICE ..good in the winter time...I hope they bring back BANGERS and MASH

TRY there CITRUS BOOST with GINGER warns the blood in the winter

1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my husbands favourite café, we visited several times over our four day stay in Napier. The food was fantastic, options to suit myself and my husband, they only had brown bread but were only to happy to go and get white for my husband, which not a lot of places will do, so had one well fed happy hubby!! the coffee is great, also the apple slice should definitely be tried. Would always go back when in Napier.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I offen visit this cafe for a coffee, muffin or a weekend lunch with my family. Not only have we had consistency each time, but delicious tasty food delivered fast & always with a smile. I find it difficult to choose something each visit as there is an extensive blackboard & cabinet selection to suit everyones tastebuds. Please keep baking those fresh delectible muffins & making fantastic coffee. DMP just the best!!!!

2  Thank raceymel