“Been looking for Indian?”
Review of Master of India

Master of India
Ranked #22 of 222 Restaurants in Napier
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Master of India takes you on a tasty exploration right to the very heart of Indian Cuisine. Which has the ability to provide a cosmopolitan melting pot of cuisine. We are based in Napier with a reputation for its diversity. We are renowned as the Master of India for the excellence in Indian Cuisine set in the popular seaside area of Ahuriri. We strive to bring you the most authentic Indian Cuisine. Come enjoy our authentic Indian atmosphere and friendly service.Come and try our most favourite dish “Butter Chicken” and also our new Balti dishes which are already becoming favourites among our regulars. Master of India is a great Indian restaurant.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Sanjay & Sangita have a lovely restaurant, very authentic Indian cuisine, nice variety of several regions. We had Vindaloo, Tandori, Dahl and Parantha, with good cold beer-each of the dishes was excellent, prices very rational.

1  Thank JohnKinnaman

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We dined here on a Saturday night and, although not completely full the restaurant was sufficiently busy to tell us that it's popular for both its ambience and its food. We ordered entrees and mains to share and weren't disappointed with out choices. The restaurant is also BYO wine so you can choose exactly the wine you want to have with your choice of menu. Would definitely go back and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good Indian restaurant in Napier.

2  Thank Elisabeth W
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a nice place, interesting decor and very competent Indian food but nothing to make it really stand out from lots of other Indian restaurants. If you're a fan of Indian food you won't be disappointed here, but you probably won't be blown away either. Service is friendly if a little slow.

1  Thank Noosaman
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I invited 12 Ladies here for my 30th birthday as i am totally in love with everything Indian. So on April 12 2014 with an extremely exited attitude i had this experience: The 4 starter platters I ordered (days before) came out 1.5 hours after arrival. On the website it states that the birthday person gets a free beer, wine, or soft drink, i was asked to pay for mine. There was NO music playing (dead atmosphere) and when I asked for music I was told it is just very soft, all my guest was stunned by that! Also did the waitress not take my order for maine and i had to go order at reception. And i would have thought for special functions like this, i would at least get a sparkling candle in my desert -pardon the pun- I feel terrible regret ..you only turn 30 once!

2  Thank Marelize2014
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The food here is so yummy. My husband and I love our Indian food, and we weren't disappointed! The owners of the restaurant have also taken a great deal of time to decorate, which makes the experience even better. Great value for money.

1  Thank KorenaSydney