New Zealand Wine Centre - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Fun. And wine.

I spent a really enjoyable afternoon in the wine centre tasting local wines, chatting and enjoying... read more

Reviewed 12 March 2017
KylaLouise
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Great Wine education

Reviewed 22 November 2016
zzrbell
Brisbane, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2016

This was a great place to get some information about NZ wine. They have an aroma room with samples of the smells in wines. They was also a room to explain the varieties. The other room was mostly sales and it would have been nice to see a general booklet to help orientate us but there was only information about participating vineyards. All up worth a visit though and its in the CBD.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Lovely building. Interesting 'smell' room experience.
We had a complementary two wine tasting, because we were staying at the super hotel across the street.
Sadly we felt the staff were dismissive, and couldn't be bothered with us. Shame, we are wine drinkers, with money to spend.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 22 September 2016

If you're pressed for time but would like to explore a wide range of NZ wines, this is a good place to visit. Familiarise yourself with notes in the 'aroma room' and go on to taste a range of reds or whites whilst watching a video about the wines in the on site cinema. Large selection of local wines for sale.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

I popped into the NZ Wine Centre to enjoy the delights of the recent Spring Toast and gather up some Hawkes Bay wine treasure to take home. The centre was laid out in a tasting round-robin and I had wonderful parlay with all the stand controllers, who were knowledgeable and helpful. There was one particular lady who measured my palate straight away, she produced several ideas to help me shop for my taste which was lovely. The ladies packaged up my considerable haul quickly and carefully, added a smart last-minute selection to round out my loot and then delivered it for me to my accommodation so I could escape to do more shopping in Napier. Lovely experience and especially enjoyed speaking to a local vintner about his winery and their vintages - lovely afternoon! I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

After all the hype this was a tremendously underwhelming experience mainly because of the lack of service. We were basically ignored, chose our own wine and left. There was no effort to explain to us about tours or tastings etc. just seemed like a posh bottle shop.

Date of experience: July 2016