“I'm pleased I'm not back in the old days”
Review of Faraday Centre

Faraday Centre
Ranked #16 of 74 things to do in Napier
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This fascinating technology museum is one we never get tired and always take our visitors to see.
Very reasonably priced and the volunteer staff are friendly and helpful. The Tessler coil is the piece de resistance but there are many, many more fascinating items, many of them are hands on. There is always some little item to discover that I have missed on a previous visit. Very good value at $9 each.

2  Thank rosieterry

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We visited this little technology museum with two boys aged 10 and 12. Pretty much everything was hands on, from the telephone exchange to the typewriter, the doppler effect machine to the pianola. Kids had a very happy hour investigating everything and learning a good bit of history at the same time.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have stayed in Napier since 2005 and this is the second thing I have done recently that I've never done before. Why? I had been advised to go many times. A friend visiting from the UK is a physicist and I suggested that we might pop in and see what it was like. The volunteer staff are very knowledgeable and helpful and the experience was wonderful for me (elderly!) and my visitor (not elderly). The child in both of us was interested and, in my case quite amazed and in my friend's case most impressed. There are lots of hands-on things for the children (elderly 'children' are allowed to play too) and lots of things from my childhood to reminisce over. The Tesla coil is VERY impressive. I shall go again.

3  Thank Graham E
Reviewed 5 April 2013

What an experience..... From old fashioned steam,diesel and petrol engines to early refrigerators, washing machines, kettles & stoves to the equipment from an old school dental clinic - there is something for the whole family with plenty of opportunity to touch & play with the displays. Run by very knowledgable & enthusiastic volunteers, this is a must for everyone. Limited opening hours so check first. Well worth a visit, and excellent value for money.

3  Thank Bichoodle
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Great wet weather venue for kids but get there early. Tesla coil is neat. Has a large number of hands on activities.

1  Thank JBeere71