I booked this place almost solely off the reviews here and must admit I was skeptical. This place is exactly what others should learn from:
- Super clean rooms, quality linen and basic but cheerful decor
- Really friendly staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and take a genuine interest in what you are doing there
- Very impressive bar/cafe & restaurant - non-pretentious, relaxed & loads of character.
I only wish we had longer there hence the next time we're in the Bay I will be booking for a longer stay back at Westshore without a moments hesitation.
I wish there were more places like this elsewhere in NZ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Westshore Beach Inn (Econo Lodge By Choice Hotels)modern rooms all King beds - Stand alone studios that are quiet and very private. Westshore Beach Inn is a family owned and operated property just 50 metres from Westshore Beach, a short 5-minute drive to the downtown Art Deco district, Napier and 1km from the West Quay restaurant area and smack bang in the middle of the Cycleways & walkways. We have an award winning Bistro, newly opened Phillipine Asian Kitchen and friendly bar - Fresh Food NOT fast food from local suppliers is the mantra we operate to. ... more less