“Outstanding Tour!!!!!!”

US$72.44*
Shore Excursion: Highlights of Napier
Ranked #9 of 24 Food & Drink in Napier
More attraction details
Owner description: Napier tours. Come with us, in our ten seated, air conditioned tour bus, to experience some of the best wines and views this region has to offer. Guided by experienced vineyard manager Ross Lepper and culminates at his exclusive viewing platform high above the Hawke's Bay vineyards.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding Tour!!!!!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Best tour we have ever been on. This combines a winery trip plus a mountainous sheep farm trip. We also were lucky to actually see the workers harvest the grapes in the fields. Ross is wonderful going beyond a structured tour. Would definitely recommend this trip while in Napier.

Visited March 2014
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hi Nancy, Thanks for the great review . I reckon we did it all on your tour. Have you bought that sheep farm yet, maybe I could manage it for you.!
Kind Regards Ross

Boulder, Colorado
“Great times with Ross!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Ross is an amazing tour guide for traveling around the wine country of Napier! We went touring with him on a day when most wineries were closed (low-season & queen's holiday), yet somehow Ross still managed to put together a cohesive tour through a wide range of wineries.

He's a great host (and his van is very comfortable), with a wealth of knowledge about the wine industry in Napier. He also manages to have a good humor about the whole process, and keeps it interesting so you don't feel like you're merely being shuttled to different places that happen to have a bottle of wine. We sampled a variety of wines and felt like we got a good taste of the region. Perhaps the best way I can put it is this- I generally loathe guided tours and I really liked our tour with Ross!

He was also a pleasure to communicate with over email- very prompt and professional.

Thanks again Ross!

Visited June 2013
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hi David, thank you for the review. Its good to know that I managed to provide a tour that was really enjoyable for someone who is not keen on "guided tours" .Cheers Ross
Oxford, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“An excellent day”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I found vines and views on the net and was impressed with the speed with which Ross responded to my e-mails. As he had no other clients the day I wanted to do the tour, we arranged a private tour for a small extra cost and I have to say it was well worth it. Ross is great company and, with his background in managing vineyards, is able to answer any questions you have about the whole wine- producing procedure (and if he doesn't know, he knows someone who does). As well as the wine-tasting, we had lunch at one of the vineyards and rounded the day off by going up a private dirt track for a final wine and some great cheeses. I would recommend this tour most highly - thanks for a great day out Ross.

Visited February 2014
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hi Terry, Thank you so much for your kind words. I think this is the first time that I have hosted a single guest on one of my tours and I must say I think we both had a great day out Cheers ross.
Mission Viejo, California
“Wine Tasting with Ross”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We read about Ross from Trip Advisor, and we were certainly not disappointed! He returned our emails promptly and did not require payment until after the tour. Most tours required payment at the time of booking. In case our ship couldn't dock or one of us was sick, we didn't want the hassle of trying to get our money back. Ross was waiting at the dock for us, and as others have stated, he is knowledgeable, professional, patient, and very pleasant to spend the day with. In addition to the wineries, we saw sheep and cattle, and although he warned us, I was so busy getting my jacket on, I stepped in a large pile of cow droppings. Ross even helped me try to wipe it off my shoes! Make sure you take a jacket, because the top of the hill was very windy and cool. His tour was well-priced for four of us, and would have been less expensive with more people. I highly recommend this tour!

Visited November 2013
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hi retiredmamma, reading your review brought the tour I had with you right back to me!. Yes I did mentioned little risks at my platform but it still went just a little wrong. We have a ship coming in tomorrow and a storm is due so I do hope they make it in. Cheers Ross
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Day Out in Napier”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arranged our tour prior to leaving home on our Sea Princess cruise from Brisbane as it sounded ideal and would miss the typical Cruise Excursions with a bus load of people. Ross met us at the bottom of the gang plank as promised and it turned out we were the only couple for the morning tour, all the better for us. Ross has extensive knowledge of the area and when not bussing tourists around is a local winery manager so has an extensive knowledge of the local industry. We got an extended tour and Napier is a very pretty country area with lots of history. We would recommend anyone wanting to see a lot of the countryside. Those not wanting to participate in any wine tasting should not be put off as this only consumes a small amount of time and may depend on the makeup of those on the tour. The beauty and history of the wineries is just as interesting whether sampling or not.

Visited February 2014
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hi CharlieB4503, you made at excellent point with regard to my wine tour that being the way I conduct the tour means non "drinkers" are able to thoroughly enjoy my tour even though they don't indulge. thanks and cheers Ross