“Perfect afternoon. ”

and up
Napier Afternoon Wine Tour
Ranked #8 of 23 Food & Drink in Napier
More attraction details
Owner description: Napier tours. Come with us, in our ten seated, air conditioned tour bus, to experience some of the best wines and views this region has to offer. Guided by experienced vineyard manager Ross Lepper and culminates at his exclusive viewing platform high above the Hawke's Bay vineyards.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect afternoon. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the afternoon of wine tasting.

Ross was a very informative guy about the area and the different vine yards and wines. I was travelling alone and met a lovely couple from Kent/Surrey border.

It was lovely to just have the 3 of us in the group and we were all able to ask questions and have a nice chat.

The weather on the day was just lovely and we were able to go upto the viewing platform Ross has set up and it is just beautiful up there. A fantastic end to the afternoon. Loved the cheeseboard too.

Great selection of wines tasted. And a lovely lady at Church Hill was able to take time to tell us more about their wines despite them being very busy.

Overall lovely afternoon.
Would definitely recommend to others and would return to do a tour again.

Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Yes it was busy day but my good rapport at the wineries helped get us through the busy places. It was good to see you getting along so well with the couple that were with us. Kind regards Ross

Wellington, New Zealand
“A special afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I spent this afternoon on a Hawkes Bay wine tour with guide Ross and by chance, a lovely couple from Michigan US.

It was a public holiday so wine tasting opportunities were limited but Ross found us a couple of excellent venues where we shared a meal at one and cheese & biscuits at the other.

Thanks for the wine, cheese & biscuits to finish up with, much appreciated.

The weather wasn't the best but Ross was and so was the trip.

Highly recommended 12/10 easily!

Visited April 2014
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi there, thank you for your review. Yes we all had a good day out, I reckon the tasting I arranged at Craggie Range was a first and unlikely to be repeated. Kind Regards Ross
Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We booked the day long wine tour with lunch platter for my birthday. It was a really great day out - we relaxed for the day while Ross drove us from vineyard to vineyard telling us about the sights around the area and sharing his knowledge of all things wine. Ross was friendly, obliging and very knowledgeable - nothing was too much trouble for him! Myself, I'm not a big wine drinker but really found his tour provided an eye opening insight in to wine production in the Napier region. I'd highly recommend this tour if you have a few days in Napier, even if wine isn't your thing!

Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hi there, thanks for the review. I really appreciate you pointing out that my tour are very enjoyable and informative even for (near no drinkers) Cheers Ross
Gulf Shores, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding Tour!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Best tour we have ever been on. This combines a winery trip plus a mountainous sheep farm trip. We also were lucky to actually see the workers harvest the grapes in the fields. Ross is wonderful going beyond a structured tour. Would definitely recommend this trip while in Napier.

Visited March 2014
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hi Nancy, Thanks for the great review . I reckon we did it all on your tour. Have you bought that sheep farm yet, maybe I could manage it for you.!
Kind Regards Ross
Boulder, Colorado
“Great times with Ross!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Ross is an amazing tour guide for traveling around the wine country of Napier! We went touring with him on a day when most wineries were closed (low-season & queen's holiday), yet somehow Ross still managed to put together a cohesive tour through a wide range of wineries.

He's a great host (and his van is very comfortable), with a wealth of knowledge about the wine industry in Napier. He also manages to have a good humor about the whole process, and keeps it interesting so you don't feel like you're merely being shuttled to different places that happen to have a bottle of wine. We sampled a variety of wines and felt like we got a good taste of the region. Perhaps the best way I can put it is this- I generally loathe guided tours and I really liked our tour with Ross!

He was also a pleasure to communicate with over email- very prompt and professional.

Thanks again Ross!

Visited June 2013
Ross L, Owner at Vines and Views Tours, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hi David, thank you for the review. Its good to know that I managed to provide a tour that was really enjoyable for someone who is not keen on "guided tours" .Cheers Ross