Quality Inn Napier Travel
Fairley Motor Lodge(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$172
The County Hotel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$134
expressotel(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$94
Agoda.com
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$119
  • Beachfront
Harbour View Lodge(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$107
US$146
US$129
Priceline
Beach Front Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$128
Agoda.com
All reviewscovered poolmarine paradeacross the roadgreat locationrestaurant attachedstandard roombeach frontstove topwithin walking distancereception staffnice roomclose to towncar parkingclean roomscentral locationfree wifigood size
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I spent 2 nights in Napier on business. The room itself I have no complaints about - appears to have been recently renovated, pretty basic amenities but perfectly fine. What was poor was the service. When I checked in I was given the room key and pointed in the vague direction of the room. The room numbers are very difficult to find in the dark (it was dark, there was next to no lighting on the exterior of the building almost to the point it was dangerous and the numbers are on the mullions of the ranch slider which are really low and not where your eye goes naturally). After much traipsing up and down I finally found the room. Also the restaurant was closed down which is not on the website which I used to determine where to stay. An amendment on there to say currently closed or something like that would have been good. I rely on in house food when I am travelling as I often get back very late after work and having to go out again to dine is not ideal. Lastly, the wi fi was down. This was fixed shortly thereafter but this gave a very poor firstimpression when checking in. I won't stay here again because of the service and it just seems to be managed by people who don't really have an idea of how to run such an establishment.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This hotel is situated across the road from the main beach in Napier. Our room was on the first floor and included a kitchen but the door into the room was a sliding glass door - the whole front of the room was glass windows covered by a curtain that had to be pulled across the width of the room for privacy. The glass also allowed noise from people walking past the room to penetrate the room more easily. The restaurant was good - the food was good - but the restaurant manager was at times too eager to please and hung around the table quite a lot. The swimming pool was welcome and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My, wife and I went to Napier for a couple of nights to celebrate her birthday. The Quality Inn seemed a good choice, as its location is right on the waterfront and minutes walk from the CBD. My wife got a couple of insect type bites while in the room...We had only been there 15minutes with the windows closed. That night a raucous group were congregated around the swimming pool and were very noisy from 10:30pm to 12. They left and returned later to make noise from 1:30am to 3:30am. The staff did nothing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Quality Inn N, Manager at Quality Inn Napier Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Firstly i would like to thank you for posting a review, all comments are appreciated.
Regarding the bites that your wife encountered, I can tell you that we do have a procedure in place for spraying all rooms.
I apologise for the noise of other guests that you had to endure, Reception does close at 10pm and a security company manages these kind of issues, the phone number for the security company can be found in the room compendium.
I do hope this has not put you of returning to our hotel and we hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We turned up one evening and picked the Inn because it was close to the main town (walking distance) and looked okay from the outside. Friendly staff, decent room; no real complaints other than it was perhaps a little expensive when compared to many other places of a similar quality. Had we arrived earlier we may have shopped around. But no complaints about the facility. Has a pool. Lots of safe parking. Didn't mention that the restaurant was closed down until after we checked in but there are plenty of eating options just minutes away in town. Nice town: well worth a stroll through the streets and along the sea front.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room facing the sea and negotiate on price.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Have just returned from Napier staying there 2 nights on business travel. The Quality Inn?
mmmm.......apart from being in a great location with ocean view and walking distance to the town centre I guess one could say that's what you're paying for! Did it represent value for money? It would if the rooms were a little more spacious and the outdoor veranda has conversational privacy from its next door neighbor! The rooms were clean and comfortable but the exterior and interior of the motel could be given a facelift to inject a bit more value for your money which I thought was a little bit expensive for my liking! BUT....perhaps I'm a spoilt kiwi who appreciate these values from any accommodation provider.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business